Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Black Label Society -- San Francisco, CA -- March 6th, 2009

Both of the opening bands were a joke. A Santa Cruz 3 piece I've never heard of, Archer, played a boring ass half hour set. The most entertaining part was seeing the drummer fail at the Scott Travis move with the stick no more than 3 feet in the air.
Dope played for about 45 minutes, enough time for me to realize that Dope is for dopes. They used the opening song from The Sopranos as their intro, and it all went downhill from there. They fall somewhere between the sound of Disturbed and Static-X, two bands that we get plenty of already. Their set was highlighted by "Rebel Yell" and a lame rendition of MC Ren's verse of "Fuck tha Police". The rest of their set consisted of songs titled like, I kid you not, "Die Motherfucker Die".

Black Label Society set- slightly out of order but complete
Intro (Patsy Cline - "Crazy")
Black Mass Reverends
Destruction Overdrive
The Rose Petalled Garden
Faith Is Blind
Suicide Messiah
Give Yourself To Me
Genocide Junkies
Been A Long Time
Damage Is Done
In This River
New Religion
Fire It Up
Guitar solo/Star Spangled Banner
Stoned And Drunk
The Blessed Hellride
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

The beginning of the set was really exciting because of "The Rose Petalled Garden", which hasn't been played for some time, and "Faith Is Blind", which along with "Give Yourself To Me" haven't been played yet as far as I know.
self To Me" were played live. Black Label beach balls went out midset, and one of the roadies was even shooting t-shirts out of a CO2 cannon.
Everything else was business as usual, a couple of weedley solos between songs including one on the piano during the 2 slow song break, "In This River" for Dime, and bits of the Randy Rhoads live solo.

Even a month later, after Meshuggah and Cynic back to back, everything else sucks.

Last edited by TonyD; 04-02-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Headbanger

fuckin A! will be seeing this show in LA
Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 AM
N00B

I am seeing them in pittsburgh. first time seeing them in a club, I am stoked.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 AM
N00B

did they open with Black Mass Reverends?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
N00B

Uhhh, does it look like they did? -_-
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This is alot better BLS setlist than what they have done for awhile, "Rose Petalled Garden" that is a definite surprise. I was really wanting to see this but I find it hard to justify paying $40+ for this show. I've got several others to go to that won't touch that price. Also wondering if Sevendust was at this show or not? Personally I am a fan of Dope, although I definitley understand wow most would hate them I just think its music to just have fun to and shouldn't be taken so seriously but that's just an opinion...
Old 03-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMFNATE View Post
did they open with Black Mass Reverends?
Yes, bad opener IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
This is alot better BLS setlist than what they have done for awhile, "Rose Petalled Garden" that is a definite surprise. I was really wanting to see this but I find it hard to justify paying $40+ for this show. I've got several others to go to that won't touch that price. Also wondering if Sevendust was at this show or not? Personally I am a fan of Dope, although I definitley understand wow most would hate them I just think its music to just have fun to and shouldn't be taken so seriously but that's just an opinion...
Sevendust is no longer on the tour, apparently along with another band that was supposed to be playing. I already don't like their music, but dropping out of two tours I've attended really make them look like a bunch of bitches.

Dope's music wasn't so bad, but the semi-retarded banter from the singer made them less enjoyable.
He said something along the lines of, "we have to make music that attracts women to the show so we get pussy." Then he went off about how he's never met a woman he wanted to kill, but not till after they fuck. Two songs later, the chorus was "she's like alcohol, heroine... she's my addiction."
Your job onstage is to entertain, but it doesn't give you a free pass to be ignorant.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Wow I was not aware they dropped off and I'm normally on top of those things. I often wonder how Sevendust is still together after reading articles how they barely have any $ to tour. And really doin stuff like cancelling national tours doesn't help even though I am a fan still.

Yea as far as that whole Dope thing I also haven't seen them in like 8 years and Edsel wasn't that ignorant as some of the things that was mentioned. Again like I said I can see even more how people can hate them so much. Yea that is incredibly stupid to say on stage...how is that even considered entertaining? Atleast their music is still somewhat fun.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM

I wasn't sure either until I saw the billing on the poster. Like usual, there was a one-off poster through the Fillmore, which they handed them out after the show. I'll try to scan it and upload when I get a chance.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM

Just went to Sevendust's myspace and it shows their first date on the tour isn't until the 22nd of this month. But since Sevendust isn't your thing then atleast that still worked out for you nonetheless.

Tags
black label society