Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Unearth -- Springfield, MO -- January 17th, 2009

Born Of Osiris
Didn't get to see them, as much as I would have loved to have waited outside in a balmy 13 degrees I figured I would arrive later instead. Was curious to hear them though.

Impending Doom
I was quite impressed with these guys. Never heard of them before but very entertaining. Nothing groundbreaking w/ breakdowns every 30 seconds but a little better than some. Huge ass circle pit to end their set. Pretty impressive overall.

Emmure
Oh my god where do I even begin w/ this? From the last Unearth show that was reviewed on here it was brought up how horrible they are. That really didn't put it into perspective. Literally after 15 seconds into the first song I was pushing through to get to the back of Remington's. Son of a bitch, right before their set I noticed an influx of scensters rush to the front. Normally when I go to shows its fun to count the lame Slipknot shirts... my new game became count the number of baseball hats w/ the flat bill on the front w/ the finest Hot Topic gear. Normally it doesn't bother me but this really made me want to push for a 21+ show. God this was so horrible it made me want to yell "hey go play that one song where you growl about something and do the breakdown". I don't mind breakdowns but good god hasn't this been done to death? I apologize for the bitching. Halfway through the set I was literally thinking of mean shit to say about them when I got home to post on here. Hopefully I didn't forget much. I'm sure they will really "rock" on the Atticus "Metal" Tour...

Uneart
Ok back to something positive after my previous diatribe... Unearth really seems to get better and better each time I see them. Which this time now makes #5. I'm not 100% sure of all the songs but I am pretty positive it is the same setlist from the previous thread http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9518 . Band really seemed a bit sharper than other times I've seen them even w/o Buzz. The short setlist really does bother me a little bit though. Hell I was halfway home and it was only 11:30. Figuring how they have 4 albums worth of material they should be able to get more than an hour... oh well. Still very good show, get there early for Impending Doom and hit the bar for Emmure.

Tags
unearth