Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Rotting Christ -- Worcester, MA -- January 10th, 2009

Hell Yes! Amazing show, terrible turnout. When door's opened, only 15 people were there. It got up to maybe 25/30 before Epicurean came on, and then gradually rose but I'm going to guess maybe 70 people at the most during Rotting Christ. And that might be pushing it a bit, I don't know. It makes sense, though, because we got a snow storm last night. I ended up hanging out at the merch table before the show talking with the guys from Mantic Ritual, and the girl selling Epicurean merch, because the Rotting Christ merch guy was MIA. So I bought a white Meltdown t-shirt from the Mantic Ritual guys while I waited, then got a RC tour shirt once the guy finally showed up.

Epicurean
They were alright for what they were, which is more or less metalcore. Nothing incredible, but it was alright to headbang to down front. You could barely hear the vocals from where I was. I can't really say there was much that was notable about their set. I don't know the setlist, but I do know they played "Lithograph" as the third song, and then one of the songs after that was "Of Malice and Majesty", which I only know because a guy near me only heard them say 'Majesty' and asked if it was a Blind Guardian cover.

Mantic Ritual
These guys were pretty good, and I'll definitely look forward to seeing them again with Destruction in March, but I wish Novembers Doom hadn't had to drop off. That would have been pretty amazing. But, no, these guys were good. One of their guitarists came out with a Fender, and the idiot next to me started asking "Fender?! Why Fender?!" and said that if he was in a metal band, he'd be playing a BC Rich The responses that the guitarist gave included "Because I can" and "Because Richie Blackmore said so." Then, every time he would play a solo, once it was over he would lean over and shout at the guy "THAT'S WHY FENDER!".
They played some pretty decent Thrash, but really, in the end, I just wanted Rotting Christ to come on.
Setlist is in order.

1. One by One
2. Black Tar Sin (?)
3. Executioner
4. Souls
5. Murdered to Death
6. Panic

Rotting Christ
Got off to a troubled start because George's amp was giving loads of feedback, which they tried desperately to fix but the Palladium staff ended up saying 'We're ten minutes late, you've just got to go', so they had to play like that. In the end, it wasn't really horribly noticeable. I still had trouble hearing Sakis' vocals, but knowing the songs helped. The setlist was definitely Theogonia-heavy, but that's not really anything to complain about since it's a great album. They touched on six out of their nine full releases, which isn't too bad. I can't complain, though, as it was an amazing show and I can't wait to see them again. Just an hour and ten minutes straight of amazing song after amazing song. Also, opposed to the last setlist, they didn't play anything between "The Fifth Illusion" and "In Domine Sathana". Which makes sense, since they don't have any songs named Satani.
Setlist hasn't changed, though.

1. Intro
2. The Sign of Prime Creation
3. Keravnos Kivernitos
4. Athanati Este
5. Enuma Elish
6. King of a Stellar War
7. The Sign of Evil Existence
8. Transform All Sufferings Into Plagues
9. The Fifth Illusion
10. In Domine Sathana
11. Phobos' Synagogue
12. Nemecic
13. Threnody
-------------------------
14. Non Serviam
15. Outro
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Lefty Guitarer

saw this show here in toronto today. Same setlist and the show was insane. I was doing merch here and what do you think of the epicurean merch girl?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
N00B

was at the toronto show as well.

it was real good. epicurean merch girl was alright.. talked to the members of epicurean. they were cool
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Sleepwell Deconstructor

Needs more songs from Triarchy of Lost Lovers.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
N00B

Man the palladium must have looked very empty with that few people there...was it at the upstairs stage?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Semper Fidelis

Bad attendance in Seattle as well - not even triple digits. Haven't seen this poor a turnout since the Candlemass show last year. Too bad since the show was great - hopefully they'll keep coming back.
10/06 - King Crimson
10/28 - King Diamond / Satan
11/02 - Raven
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Man the palladium must have looked very empty with that few people there...was it at the upstairs stage?
Yeah, it was upstairs, but even then it looked very empty. But, oh well, more metal for those that were there then.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Yeah, it was upstairs, but even then it looked very empty. But, oh well, more metal for those that were there then.
Upstairs stage is neat....last time i saw up a band up there was mastodon (at the 03 fest i think)

Tags
epicurean, mantic ritual, rotting christ