Sanctity of Brothers
Crow Killer
Zombie Autopilot
Giles
We Are Not Anonymous
The Great Dividers
Black Hearts Now Reign
Old 01-09-2009, 11:17 PM

i freaking love Unearth, but i just wish theyd play longet sets.
an addition of Glorious Nightmare, Devil Has Risen, Failure, etc would be nice.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Wow thats a really short setlist, thanks for adding it though, I'm going to see them this Friday. I was hoping for something alot longer than that. I'm pretty shocked to not even get Glorious Nightmare or something. Hopefully the new stuff will still sound as good as the older stuff. Were any of the other bands even worth coming for? It sounds like a lot of generic metalcore/deathcore stuff... maybe I'm wrong though.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 PM
N00B

300 % Density (great CD BTW)... Derek their drummer told me that they're switching it up a little bit every night. He said they may replace "Zombie Autopilot" w/ a song from THE MARCH. However, Buz is not on this tour. A member of Daath if filling in, so I'm sure that limits their possible song list. I was surprised to hear nothing from their 1st album, though.

As for the other bands, I guess it depends if you like them. Born of Osiris was not at my show b/c of weather issues. I liked Impending Doom, but at the same time, all their songs sounded the same. As for Emmure, I don't like them at all, but they drew way more fans than Unearth.

Enjoy the show!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM

i'm glad this tour didnt hit my area, or else i'd have to go just to see Unearth.

i fucking hate Emmure, one of the most terrile bands ive heard studio and live.
the singer acts like a douche on stage doing hip hop moves and acting like hes some big famous rockstar.
cant stand their fans either, full of scenesters and those tough straight edge hxc guys who start shit with everybody.

ive heard a bit of Impending Doom and can't stand them either. they call themselves "gor-ship" which is pretty lame in my opinion

Born of Osiris is actually not that bad though. seen them live before and they actually put on a pretty good show even if barely of the crowd knew them.

hopefully Unearth tours with some good metal bands next time they hit my area.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
N00B

It's good to see them playing some more songs of the March (even though it's my least favourite next to the Stings of Conscience), but as people have said already, short setlist. Even with their full lineup they always seem to play relatively short, barely over an hour sets even on headlining tours. Is it a fatigue issue? Which wouldn't be surprising given how active they are on stage, especially Trevor, Buz, and Ken. I'm sure the large number of support acts they usually take with them on tour isn't exactly helping their set length either (They had 4 with them when I saw them last year).
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Is it a fatigue issue? Which wouldn't be surprising given how active they are on stage, especially Trevor, Buz, and Ken. I'm sure the large number of support acts they usually take with them on tour isn't exactly helping their set length either (They had 4 with them when I saw them last year).
The number of support acts seems a little more likely, IMO - I've seen Unearth twice, and I've definitely seen bands who are way more active than them play for longer.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:44 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

kevindeets thanks for more info from the show (and for enjoying a candiria cd as well....) i think emmure is probably gonna sound like what i have in my mind. W/ Springfield, MO having very few shows i'm sure the scensters will be in full force that nite... after all there isn't school the next day. Haven't really heard the other bands. Now that I think about it i saw them headline a few years ago and it was barely an hour as well. Granted a few years ago they had 2 cd's less of material. Not sure what their excuse is. Not gonna complain tho, cheap entertainment for a friday night.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
N00B

Smile

at the show in milwaukee,
Unearth did not play Giles, they actually played "One Step Away" from "The Stings of Conscience". Im a huge fan of "The March" so im glad their playing songs from it

Emmure was fuckin stupid, singer is full of himself. stupid hip hop moves, their music is like the new "nu-metal" cuz of petty shit like him.

Impending Doom was ok, at least they could put on a show and be egotistical bout it.

Born of Osiris was quite awesome, i was surprised, played 2 new songs, i see bright things in their future.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
at the show in milwaukee,
Emmure was fuckin stupid, singer is full of himself. stupid hip hop moves, their music is like the new "nu-metal" cuz of petty shit like him.
my thoughts exactly
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Tags
unearth