Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post

tl;dr: fuck you, Metallica rules

...I don't even like Metallica that much, I just know that most of the Metallica-bashing is idiotic and founded in, well, almost nothing.
No point in arguing with that guy. In every Metallica thread its his job to post one anti-Metallica comment

And to those who like using the word "fanboy", my favorite band is not just Metallica, but Iron Maiden and Megadeth too. I never got to see Metallica before this year as I was in India, so I will see them whenever they come here. I donno why that is such a big problem to some people here.

Bashers : i pity you. get over your bullshit. just enjoy the music. over and out.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
...I don't even like Metallica that much, I just know that most of the Metallica-bashing is idiotic and founded in, well, almost nothing.
yeah true. i can understand the napster thing. shame on lars, but still, metallica is a great band. bashing on metallica has become the trend to do in the last few years, and to be honest, they kinda deserved it will the whole some kind of monster/st. anger crap, but people that say that death magnetic is shit are just assholes. if u don't like metallica, fine so be it, but don't fill a metallica thread with bullshit because that's just idiotic. everything you post on a metallica thread is negative. quit being an asshole and just enjoy our music, and don't ruin shit for everyone else
Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

I'm not on here to be an asshole, but if everyone else is allowed to share their opinion on how wonderful Metallica is at this point, I have every right to share what I think about them and their album. If anybody is going to dismiss it as bullshit because I don't agree with you, then you are the asshole.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm not on here to be an asshole, but if everyone else is allowed to share their opinion on how wonderful Metallica is at this point, I have every right to share what I think about them and their album. If anybody is going to dismiss it as bullshit because I don't agree with you, then you are the asshole.
ok dude. carry on. its obvious from your signature what kind of music you like and how great your opinion is.

Last edited by andrew_metalhead; 12-21-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
ok dude. carry on. its obvious from your signature what kind of music you like and how great your opinion is.
... and your point is?
Your opinion is better than mine because you don't like Meshuggah?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Also, it's absolutely retarded to say that Cliff was the driving force behind the band. The guy helped write about 9 songs or so for the entire band. The rest of the 33, including the ones Cliff helped to write, all have Hetfield/Ulrich stamped on them. Not to mention, their best album (IMO) was written entirely without Cliff, excluding parts of To Live is to Die. Hetfield/Ulrich have always been the driving force of Metallica, and since Lars is a shitty/mediocre drummer - I'd like to say Hetfield is the reason Metallica are Metallica.
First of all, Kill Em All was a good album, but nothing special creative-wise.

Now lets look at Ride The Lightning. Fire, Ride, Bell, Fade, Creep all credit Cliff, and at some point or another you can find "they need to play ___", "I wish they played ___", or "YES THEY PLAYED ____" on this site containing all of those songs. Escape and Trapped Under Ice are the two you won't see in those phrases, and coincidentally the only two without Cliff in the credits. Ktulu is rarely played live, but it's hard not to say it's a great track. If not for Cliff, the intro riff in For Whom The Bell Tolls would either be filled by lone quarter notes on the bass drum or a lame guitar bit.

I don't agree that Justice is their best album, but either way it's not very far removed, if at all from their previous two albums. The format of the album itself and the song structures are essentially the same. To me it's "Master Of Puppets II", much like Wayne's World. The second one was good, but it's just not the same.

To sum it up, Cliff was what seperated Metallica from Megadeth and Testament. Then came the Black Album.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

...are you saying Wayne's World 2 wasn't good?
05/14 - War Master
05/16 - Paganfest
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 PM

It didn't have a Scoobie Doo ending
Old 12-22-2008, 03:15 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
First of all, Kill Em All was a good album, but nothing special creative-wise.

Now lets look at Ride The Lightning. Fire, Ride, Bell, Fade, Creep all credit Cliff, and at some point or another you can find "they need to play ___", "I wish they played ___", or "YES THEY PLAYED ____" on this site containing all of those songs. Escape and Trapped Under Ice are the two you won't see in those phrases, and coincidentally the only two without Cliff in the credits. Ktulu is rarely played live, but it's hard not to say it's a great track. If not for Cliff, the intro riff in For Whom The Bell Tolls would either be filled by lone quarter notes on the bass drum or a lame guitar bit.

I don't agree that Justice is their best album, but either way it's not very far removed, if at all from their previous two albums. The format of the album itself and the song structures are essentially the same. To me it's "Master Of Puppets II", much like Wayne's World. The second one was good, but it's just not the same.

To sum it up, Cliff was what seperated Metallica from Megadeth and Testament. Then came the Black Album.
You know, you gotta love the armchair rock critics who think they know it all. All praise TonyD. Hetfield could fart and it would be a decent song. What the fuck have you produced in the last 29 years? You obviously DON'T LIKE Metallica, as you sighted that you only like 3 out of their 9 albums. So the questions remains, what the fuck are you doing here? I don't like some of their albums either but I still own them. Of all the 'hair bands' that came out of the 80's, and Nirvana killed most of those bands and drove Metal back underground, thank god we still have Metallica.

Puppets and Justice are not comparable in the least. If any comparison, it would be that Justice is what Puppets would sound like without Cliff but that's a stretch. With Justice, they were at the height of their creativity. But there's no way it could be classified as Puppets II. That's just laughable. There's no Sanitarium, Thing that should not be, Disposable Heroes or Leper Messiah type songs on Justice. The songs on Justice were so much more complex.

Are you saying that the Black album sounded like what Megadeth was doing at the time? If anything many of the themes and song structures (mildly) were closer to Puppets.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog View Post
Of all the 'hair bands' that came out of the 80's, and Nirvana killed most of those bands and drove Metal back underground, thank god we still have Metallica.
Wait, are you calling Metallica a "hair band?"

Tags
machine head, metallica