The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaseric View Post
If Metallica was in India during those attacks in Mumbai.....would they have loved Metallica too?
The attacks are none of our poeple's fault. That doesn't mean we don't see our favorite bands. Don't get me started on the fuckin US crowds dude. I would rather not.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

It's forbidden to make mony with metal, don't you guys know?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
N00B

Damn, looks like I missed out with Creeping Death. Oh well, next time. At least I got Four Horsemen & Fight Fire =)
Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

its not about making money, its about metallica SUING their fans, which is flat out greedy and is NOT metal. you dont sue the fans, thats like the ultimate "fuck you" to the metal crowd. "thanks for your support and im glad you like our music, we as musicians get no greater pleasure than knowing that what we do is appreciated by you guys.... oh but we're going to take your ass to court and make you pay us a huge amount of money that you dont have, even if you're a little kid, because we're a bunch of washed up cocksuckers who havent written anything decent since ...And Justice"

i will never give those greedy fucks any money or publicity, albeit through buying their CDs, wearing their shirts, going to their shows, etc. you've gotta draw the line somewhere, you have to let the band know that what they did was not cool.

weird al got it right:
"hush little lars dont say a word
and never mind that noise you heard
its just the fans making bootleg tapes
i hope you choke on your sour grapes

we're in debt
from the internet
screw the fans
we're off to napster napster land"
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Headbanger

^^

Old news.

Get over it. Smell the coffee.

I respect your feelings though .. I can understand how people still feel that way.

All I would say is I enjoy going to metal shows and Metallica put on an amazing show.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:57 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
its not about making money, its about metallica SUING their fans, which is flat out greedy and is NOT metal. you dont sue the fans, thats like the ultimate "fuck you" to the metal crowd. "thanks for your support and im glad you like our music, we as musicians get no greater pleasure than knowing that what we do is appreciated by you guys.... oh but we're going to take your ass to court and make you pay us a huge amount of money that you dont have, even if you're a little kid, because we're a bunch of washed up cocksuckers who havent written anything decent since ...And Justice"

i will never give those greedy fucks any money or publicity, albeit through buying their CDs, wearing their shirts, going to their shows, etc. you've gotta draw the line somewhere, you have to let the band know that what they did was not cool.

weird al got it right:

we're in debt
from the internet
screw the fans
No one cares about this. BTW they didn't sue their fans, they sued Napster.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:

weird al got it right:

we're in debt
from the internet
screw the fans
Except that wasn't even a Weird Al song.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Except that wasn't even a Weird Al song.
woah youre right, ive had this on my pc from back in the old kazaa days and never bothered to double check

and for the rest of you; w/e, what they did was still lame and they never apologized for it, so the hell with them.

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id374/pg1/
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
because we're a bunch of washed up cocksuckers who havent written anything decent since ...And Justice"
I can't totally support that statement, but there's definitely no work that can touch the first four as a complete album, let alone anything worth my $15.

I can understand still going to see them live, but most of the people who still support them and think that Death Magnetic is a return to their glory days are just following in blind fanboy-ism because it's Metallica. It's a different band from Metal Up Your Ass, the rest of the Cliff era, the Black Album, 'tallica, or St. Anger (t0tally suxors). But it's all called Metallica, and because Metallica was metal when it was, the fanboys still think it's metal.

To their credit (James, Lars, Kirk, and mostly Cliff), they were untouchable between '85 and '86. They weren't just THE thrash band, but they were THE band, up there with Zeppelin, Sabbath and Maiden in their day. Sadly today, the current lineup is only funded by the lingering fans from the early days and the next generation of kids who are fans of Lamb of God and the ones learning the MoP solo note for note.

If you know what's been going on for the past 20 years it's not hard to come to the conclusion that for one, Cliff was the one who is responsible for turning another run of the mill band from the thrash movement into a modern day phenomenon. Second, after the Black Album, there haven't been more than a handful of songs with any depth or anything to say. Nothing they have put out in the past 15 years wasn't written by a number of artists already; "I like driving fast cars", "Life passes you by quickly", "I have drug problems".

For those of you who still say "fuck you, Metallica rules", so be it. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by TonyD; 12-20-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I can't totally support that statement, but there's definitely no work that can touch the first four as a complete album, let alone anything worth my $15.

I can understand still going to see them live, but most of the people who still support them and think that Death Magnetic is a return to their glory days are just following in blind fanboy-ism because it's Metallica. It's a different band from Metal Up Your Ass, the rest of the Cliff era, the Black Album, 'tallica, or St. Anger (t0tally suxors). But it's all called Metallica, and because Metallica was metal when it was, the fanboys still think it's metal.

To their credit (James, Lars, Kirk, and mostly Cliff), they were untouchable between '85 and '86. They weren't just THE thrash band, but they were THE band, up there with Zeppelin, Sabbath and Maiden in their day. Sadly today, the current lineup is only funded by the lingering fans from the early days and the next generation of kids who are fans of Lamb of God and the ones learning the MoP solo note for note.

If you know what's been going on for the past 20 years it's not hard to come to the conclusion that for one, Cliff was the one who is responsible for turning another run of the mill band from the thrash movement into a modern day phenomenon. Second, after the Black Album, there haven't been more than a handful of songs with any depth or anything to say. Nothing they have put out in the past 15 years wasn't written by a number of artists already; "I like driving fast cars", "Life passes you by quickly", "I have drug problems".

For those of you who still say "fuck you, Metallica rules", so be it. Ignorance is bliss.
Are you honestly trying to say Death Magnetic isn't metal? A return to the glory days, I'd say not, but it really is the best album they've put out since Justice, and it's pretty freaking good.

Also, it's absolutely retarded to say that Cliff was the driving force behind the band. The guy helped write about 9 songs or so for the entire band. The rest of the 33, including the ones Cliff helped to write, all have Hetfield/Ulrich stamped on them. Not to mention, their best album (IMO) was written entirely without Cliff, excluding parts of To Live is to Die. Hetfield/Ulrich have always been the driving force of Metallica, and since Lars is a shitty/mediocre drummer - I'd like to say Hetfield is the reason Metallica are Metallica.

Also, um, LOL at "Nothing they have put out in the past 15 years wasn't written by a number of artists already". Because FYI nothing they have ever put out hasn't been written by a number of artists already. You're pretty seriously fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

tl;dr: fuck you, Metallica rules

...I don't even like Metallica that much, I just know that most of the Metallica-bashing is idiotic and founded in, well, almost nothing.

Tags
machine head, metallica