Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:23 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
AC/DC -- Los Angeles, CA -- December 6th, 2008

The setlist was same as the other shows on the tour. This is purely a review.

I still can't believe that I saw AC/DC. I mean .. they were away from the limelight for almost 8 years upto now. I honestly never thought they would tour again! So this was a really thrilling experience!!

The opening band 'The Answer' from Northern Ireland was pretty cool I thought. They played some gooood Rock n Roll. They played for about 30 minutes or so, from 8 to 8 30.

We weren't made to wait a whole lot long after that. AC/DC hit the stage at 9.
Oh man .. that cartoon video as intro got me pumped so much .. and at the end of the video the screen split into half and a huge train engine appeared on stage!! Fuckin wow!!

Then Angus's opening riff for Rock N Roll train .. fuuuck!! I went nuts .. totally nuts. The songs kept getting better and better as the show went on! Following rock n roll train we got Hell Ain't A Bad Place, after which it was time for Back In Black. I couldn't believe it. Seeing AC/DC themselves .. performing Back In Black .. 7th row from stage. Angus still has the same amount of energy as before. He hasn't lost even one bit of it.

They played 5 songs off the new album, and I loved all of them a lot. They did 'The Jack' during which Angus did his famous strip show That was really enjoyable. He showed his undies which had the AC/DC logo on them.
Then Brian hung on the bell for Hells Bells. Their energy was amazing for their age. Malcom's backing vocals on Dirty Deeds were memorable.

For Let There Be Rock, Angus went fuckin wild. He played a very long solo. Must have been like 10 minutes long. He ran down the runway starting from the center of the stage, at the end of which there was a circular platform which started lifting as soon as angus reached it. Angus was soloing about 30 feet high in the air and rolling on the platform while doing it!

The inflated balloon of the bikini-clad female for Whole Lotta Rosie was real fun too. The pyros during TNT and We Salute You were mind blowing. I could feel the heat and smell of those.

Now for a word on the crowd. The worst crowd I have ever had in a show. Period. 95% of them were oldies. In that front section, I was the only guy jumping and going nuts. Really. All others were just STANDING with hands folded!! I was like ..dude this is AC/DC after 8 fuckin years!!!

They were behaving as if someone has said to them "ok you are sentenced to a punishment of going through a AC/DC show. now go and do it".
People were leaving in between songs to fuckin buy beer! I mean .. you have your whole life to drink beer man. Many people were leaving during Angus's solo! WTF!! The loser guy next to me must have gone out like 5-6 times totally. And kept giving me stares as I was busy head banging and jumping. So at the end I was totally drenched in sweat, while everyone else, I repeat everyone else had a bored look on their face. And the sad part is that most of these people bought the AC/DC lighted horn thingies. Sorry to say this but all the wrong people ended up at this show. People with money and no passion.
My friend was in the colonade section which was the 3rd tier of seats. You could expect at least people in the cheaper seats to be of a younger age group and more passionate. But he gave me the exact same review of the crowd after the show.
I'm really glad that the band is still coming out to places like these and doing shows. I would totally understand if they skipped this country altogether. The crowd response was close to ZERO. No one except me and very few others were singing along for 'She's got the Jack' and 'We Salute You'.
If not for the shitty crowd, I might have considered going to the Monday show. I mean I still had the most fun in my life at this show, but its always much better if the whole crowd is participating.. and not just a handful.
And the worst thing was that they didn't keep GA standing section for this. It was all seats. Even on the floor. That sucks balls. Really does.
Anyway, wonderful show. Thanks to all who read the review upto this point. Bows to AC/DC, cheers to all fans who are gonna see them in the upcoming shows.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Now for a word on the crowd. The worst crowd I have ever had in a show. Period. 95% of them were oldies. In that front section, I was the only guy jumping and going nuts. Really. All others were just STANDING with hands folded!! I was like ..dude this is AC/DC after 8 fuckin years!!!

They were behaving as if someone has said to them "ok you are sentenced to a punishment of going through a AC/DC show. now go and do it".
People were leaving in between songs to fuckin buy beer! I mean .. you have your whole life to drink beer man. Many people were leaving during Angus's solo! WTF!! The loser guy next to me must have gone out like 5-6 times totally. And kept giving me stares as I was busy head banging and jumping. So at the end I was totally drenched in sweat, while everyone else, I repeat everyone else had a bored look on their face. And the sad part is that most of these people bought the AC/DC lighted horn thingies. Sorry to say this but all the wrong people ended up at this show. People with money and no passion.
My friend was in the colonade section which was the 3rd tier of seats. You could expect at least people in the cheaper seats to be of a younger age group and more passionate. But he gave me the exact same review of the crowd after the show.
I'm really glad that the band is still coming out to places like these and doing shows. I would totally understand if they skipped this country altogether. The crowd response was close to ZERO. No one except me and very few others were singing along for 'She's got the Jack' and 'We Salute You'.
If not for the shitty crowd, I might have considered going to the Monday show. I mean I still had the most fun in my life at this show, but its always much better if the whole crowd is participating.. and not just a handful.
And the worst thing was that they didn't keep GA standing section for this. It was all seats. Even on the floor. That sucks balls. Really does.
Anyway, wonderful show. Thanks to all who read the review upto this point. Bows to AC/DC, cheers to all fans who are gonna see them in the upcoming shows.
fuck i hate america
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
(sic)&disturbed's Avatar
(sic)&disturbed (sic)&disturbed is offline
Trust Me You Wont Go Blind!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 188
Good review at least you had fun!
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/sicanddisturbed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
fuck i hate america
It's AC/DC. That's not just America, that's the kind of people that go to see AC/DC. Their fans from "back in the day" are like 40-50 now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,874
For some reason, I can't help but feel that you'd think that because AC/DC merchandise is everywhere from Wal-mart to college bookstores, that there would be the most enthusiastic crowds at their concerts. Guess not.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
ijwthstd ijwthstd is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 600
LA crowds suck. I was going to go Monday but then I realized that for one of the most awesome concert years of my life, I haven't spent more than $25 for any single show all year and decided it wouldn't hurt me to miss an opportunity to spend a hundred bucks for anything.
__________________
http://www.freewebs.com/ijwthstd
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
For some reason, I can't help but feel that you'd think that because AC/DC merchandise is everywhere from Wal-mart to college bookstores, that there would be the most enthusiastic crowds at their concerts. Guess not.
It's kinda sad that the band that put out the lyrics

"You can stick your 9 to 5 living, your collar and your tie
You can stick you moral standards cause it's all a dirty lie
You can stick your golden handshake and all your silly rules
And all the other shit that they teach to kids in school"

is selling their new album exclusively at Wal-mart.
Most of the fan base is now either younger than 16 or older than 40, which would be the target audience for Wal-mart. But I haven't seen anything at college bookstores.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
3/28 At The Gates?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2008, 01:49 AM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
It's kinda sad that the band that put out the lyrics

"You can stick your 9 to 5 living, your collar and your tie
You can stick you moral standards cause it's all a dirty lie
You can stick your golden handshake and all your silly rules
And all the other shit that they teach to kids in school"
this is AC/DC. They are not known for complex lyrics. If people don't like the lyrics they shouldn't buy the album and go to the shows. Simple as that.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
this is AC/DC. They are not known for complex lyrics. If people don't like the lyrics they shouldn't buy the album and go to the shows. Simple as that.
I think you took that out of context if you didn't read the second half of the post.

I think that we take the fact that you can sing about anything nowadays for granted. It was a big deal to sing "Would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope" in 1971, where today it would only be mentioned by one or two protesters at the gate of a show.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
3/28 At The Gates?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:11 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I think you took that out of context if you didn't read the second half of the post.

I think that we take the fact that you can sing about anything nowadays for granted. It was a big deal to sing "Would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope" in 1971, where today it would only be mentioned by one or two protesters at the gate of a show.
oh yea .. i get your point now .. thats totally correct!
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ac/dc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008