The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
You know what'd be really cool? Instead of playing their boring old set lists for the first time somewhere, how about playing the boring old set list so people get the classics but then throwin' out a rare song. You know a, "Since we never come here" type of thing. Not like I'd ever expect something like that from Maiden, but I think that'd be a really cool thing for them do for fans in places they rarely, if ever, play.
Exactly. Though then I'd be jealous since I'm sure if they did that would include many great songs that they don't play anymore.

I have to say, there was this part of me that REALLY wished that they would've resurrected a Somewhere In Time track for the AMOLAD tour since 2006 was the 20th Anniversary of the album. Maybe I only want that since SIT is my favorite Maiden album. Who knows.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Headbanger

I was just remembering the Iron Maiden show which I saw in India last year.. so thought of looking it up that tour on this site.

@ The complaining genius minds here

You people have no idea of what you are talking about.

We NEVER saw Maiden in Dubai and India. NEVER.

How can you not expect Maiden to play classics for us??

We haven't been as fuckin lucky as the North American, who are the biggest whiners I have ever seen btw, and Europeans, who get to see Iron Maiden twice a year and in 500 cities.

We get Iron Maiden ONCE a year. in ONE city.

We don't bother crying and whining and complain about set lists. For us its just about enjoying the show put on by our Gods.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
I was just remembering the Iron Maiden show which I saw in India last year.. so thought of looking it up that tour on this site.

@ The complaining genius minds here

You people have no idea of what you are talking about.

We NEVER saw Maiden in Dubai and India. NEVER.

How can you not expect Maiden to play classics for us??

We haven't been as fuckin lucky as the North American, who are the biggest whiners I have ever seen btw, and Europeans, who get to see Iron Maiden twice a year and in 500 cities.

We get Iron Maiden ONCE a year. in ONE city.

We don't bother crying and whining and complain about set lists. For us its just about enjoying the show put on by our Gods.
I don't think you realize two things.

1.Maiden are THE band for people on this message board, as we are primarily descendants of the old Iron Maiden board. They are our favorite band, and talking about their ups and downs is basically a way of life for us. We are not fanboys, but huge fans who can look at both sides of the coin and weigh the pros and cons of situations. We don't just love everything Maiden do because it's Maiden, and likewise don't bitch about everything (well at least I don't). I hate people who think when you point out dislikes or faults you're being a complaining little bitch. You're not. You're excercising your right to have an opinion.

But moreso:
2.We are voicing our opinions about the set list based on our personal experiences with Maiden. For those who have not seen them, they want to hear the classics, but for the people who do see them regularly, there should be something besides the same repetative set list to keep people coming back. If Maiden knew how to change set lists show-to-show or even country-to-country these arguements wouldn't even exist. We see a set list, we comment on our thoughts about it, from the perspective of if we were to see it, which in the case of people here means that even if they want to play a lot of classics, there should be some form of older rarities as well to compensate.

Furthermore, don't get that attitude with people from Europe or the USA just because of your unfortunate experience with Maiden. I realize it's not your fault, and it sucks, but taking it out on us won't change anything, we don't write Maiden's tour schedules ourselves. And frankly, you can't expect a band of Maiden's size to tour those types of countries on a regular basis or play a lot of shows when they do. Hell since 2003 Maiden have drastically scaled back the number of shows they play everywhere in the world, as is to be expected of a band of their age who is expected to put on a show of their magnitude.
Oh, and because I happen to live in an area where I can see Maiden every once in a while, don't try to martyr yourself by making yourself out to be a bigger fan or "appreciating it more".
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Headbanger

I was not trying to diss any of the North Americans or Europeans .. so chill

Was just disagreeing with the complaints ..

In fact I am thankful that bands travel here in the US so often .. i am finally getting to see them!

And i was not trying to show any attitude at all .. So again chill
It was just that that Maiden show was a really really big deal for Indian people .. we only dreamed of seeing Maiden in a concert .
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
I was not trying to diss any of the North Americans or Europeans .. so chill

Was just disagreeing with the complaints ..

In fact I am thankful that bands travel here in the US so often .. i am finally getting to see them!

And i was not trying to show any attitude at all .. So again chill
It was just that that Maiden show was a really really big deal for Indian people .. we only dreamed of seeing Maiden in a concert .
Ah alright, no hard feelings then. I really dislike the internet because there's no tone of voice, hard to tell people's intentions.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Ah alright, no hard feelings then. I really dislike the internet because there's no tone of voice, hard to tell people's intentions.
that is correct

Tags
iron maiden