Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM
N00B

Paul Gilbert -- Pamplona, Spain -- November 5th, 2008

As you probably will do, you can write this as follows: Paul Gilbert, Pamplona Spain, November 5th, 2008, but you'll be wrong again. Check "the unholy alliance chapter III", England??????

England is a football (soccer) team, not a country. Perhaps, you may mean UK, but ...

Iruņea and EH (Euskal Herria) will NOT forgive you

Anyway, HEAVY METAL (I'm sure) is BIGGER than your little history + geographical knowledge so I'll keep on going

PAUL GILBERT setlist

01-- hurry up (very bad bad sound)
02-- the curse of castle dragon
03-- silence followed by a deafening roar
04-- eudaimonia overture (first with acceptable sound)
05-- norwegian cowbell
06-- scarified
07-- suite modale
08-- the gargoyle
09-- I cannot tell a lie
10-- jackhammer
11-- bronx 1971
12-- burning organ
13 technical difficulties
14-- green tinted sixties mind
15-- red house
16-- viking kong
17-- MR SKIN (first time they play this song: Paul said)
18-- down to mexico

Paul:awesome, Jeff Bowders:drumminator, Martini: great bassist, Amy Gilbert: (keyboards) acceptable. Crowd: about 300. Length: 2 hours. Price: 22 euros
Old 11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by surikatah View Post
England is a football (soccer) team, not a country. Perhaps, you may mean UK, but ...

Actually,

Last I checked, England was considered a constituent country, a country part of something larger (in this case the United Kingdom - I believe the term for the UK would be a sovereign state?)

Yet everywhere I've checked only refers to Euskal Herria as a region. Unless Europe has a different definition of 'region', that's like me putting "Boston, New England" as the location for a show in Boston, Massachusetts.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Voodoo Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Actually,

Last I checked, England was considered a constituent country, a country part of something larger (in this case the United Kingdom - I believe the term for the UK would be a sovereign state?)

Yet everywhere I've checked only refers to Euskal Herria as a region. Unless Europe has a different definition of 'region', that's like me putting "Boston, New England" as the location for a show in Boston, Massachusetts.
I just noticed that I quoted the wrong person here. JuuKun, your information is cool. Surikatah, this message is for you:

Great Paul Gilbert set list!

However, I must also correct you on your misinformation about England. UK is the United Kingdom, which consists of four countries: ENGLAND, Scotland, Whales, and Northern Ireland. I was born in England. My family emigrated here from England. Does England have a soccer team? They sure as hell do, along with millions of people, cats, dogs, chickens, and a whole bunch of other shit. Here is an article on wikipedia that you should read. It might help you sound more educated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

Again, sweet Paul Gilbert set list!

Last edited by jeremysaal; 11-06-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by surikatah View Post
As you probably will do, you can write this as follows: Paul Gilbert, Pamplona Spain, November 5th, 2008, but you'll be wrong again. Check "the unholy alliance chapter III", England??????

Anyway, HEAVY METAL (I'm sure) is BIGGER than your little history + geographical knowledge so I'll keep on going...
Insulting the folks who run METALSETLISTS -- and specifically me in this case -- is not a great way to start a set list thread. I'll save the FUCK YOU for another time and politely explain instead. Regarding location for set list titles:

For the US, we've always done city, state. Outside the US,we went with city, country -- country pretty much defined by the United Nations -- for a very long time. BTW, The names of the country have always been in English. Very appropriately, we used to change Basque Country to Spain.

Some time ago, we started to make allowances for some countries -- allowing England instead of modifying to the UK. Ditto for some of the provinces in Canada. We also extended the same courtesy to our members in the Basque Country. We made the change because some of our members requested it and we listened.

If you would like this thread to read "Basque Country" instead of Spain, I'll change it. It doesn't bother me, one way or the other. Let me know.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

I'm going to leave this thread open but I ask you all to steer any comments on England or Basque Country in our thread titles or my comments above to my inbox (private message).

Carry on with a Paul Gilbert discussion.

Tags
paul gilbert