Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

  #31  
Old 10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
it's not about how they sound. it's strictly about the name.
yeah i know but i think the only one that i don't like in that list is royalhunt.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-21-2008, 03:50 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Chris Caffery's Faces has never existed. Chris has a solo band under his own name with an album called Faces, but his band is not "Chris Caffery's Faces".
I could have sworn it was. My apology.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:52 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,235
Chris Caffery speaks english well enough to know that if he did name his band that, it would have to be "Chris Caffery's Face" which would be hillarious.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Chris Caffery speaks english well enough to know that if he did name his band that, it would have to be "Chris Caffery's Face" which would be hillarious.
Actually Chris Caffery's Faces would make perfect sense. In the context of the song and album name, "life has many faces", basically saying that every person has many sides to their personality which show at different times throughout life. Thus one person has multiple faces, and thus Faces is a theme album about the many different sides of Chris's personality.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Sinfulsot's Avatar
Sinfulsot Sinfulsot is offline
Beware; I am a threadkiller.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
well it works both ways for me
fair enough.
__________________
Your Friendly Neighborhood Creepy Old Guy
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-03-2008, 07:48 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
But very few of them make one cringe.
If they don't make you cringe it's probably just that you've been desensitized by overexposure to how asinine metal band names are.


Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Prostitute Disfigurement. I saw that band name earlier this year and, far from finding it "brutal", thought it was the lamest, most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. Ahaha! Not even "whorecutter" or something, but "Prostitute Disfigurement", all big fantsy words like they were intellectuals or something!
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Sinfulsot's Avatar
Sinfulsot Sinfulsot is offline
Beware; I am a threadkiller.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
If they don't make you cringe it's probably just that you've been desensitized by overexposure to how asinine metal band names are.


Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Prostitute Disfigurement. I saw that band name earlier this year and, far from finding it "brutal", thought it was the lamest, most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. Ahaha! Not even "whorecutter" or something, but "Prostitute Disfigurement", all big fantsy words like they were intellectuals or something!
as to worst name, that's the sort of reaction i wanted to hear about. as to best, not necessarily the most brutal, but certainly the biggest shock reaction that one would get from any non-metal friend or acquaintance. hence my choice of Rotting Christ for best name per the reaction i get from the non-metal ppl i know.

when i saw Pretty Little Flower on the maryland death fest bill, i thought it had a shot at worst name; however, for a death metal band, it's something i wouldn't expect. but i would compare this sort of thing to a tiny dog named The Terror or Crusher or something like that.
__________________
Your Friendly Neighborhood Creepy Old Guy
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
as to worst name, that's the sort of reaction i wanted to hear about. as to best, not necessarily the most brutal, but certainly the biggest shock reaction that one would get from any non-metal friend or acquaintance. hence my choice of Rotting Christ for best name per the reaction i get from the non-metal ppl i know.

when i saw Pretty Little Flower on the maryland death fest bill, i thought it had a shot at worst name; however, for a death metal band, it's something i wouldn't expect. but i would compare this sort of thing to a tiny dog named The Terror or Crusher or something like that.
Pretty Little Flower is far from great, but it's so much better than all these lame "look-how-eeeevil-we-are" band names. I would throw Rotting Christ in that mix too -- it's not shocking, it's predictable. (I mean, really, it's basically an overblown variation on "Black Sabbath.")
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,819
Blog Entries: 19
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

wtf.

Seriously.
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Firewind's Avatar
Firewind Firewind is offline
Satan's work is done!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

wtf.

Seriously.
Haha, I love that one...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008