Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Iced Earth -- Orlando, FL -- September 28th, 2008

Only two bands this time. The Iced Earth Set List was like all the rest. Nothing new, the crowd was equally into both bands, which is awesome because I love Into Eternity. All the old school fans with their jean jackets and Iced Earth/Iron Maiden shirts were diggin' them hard! The whole crowd was chanting and loving it. Stu was sick and saying thank you for being so forgiven of him and his illness, but the funny part, he had less mess up's then Matt.

Into Eternity:
Diagnosis Terminal
Beginning of the End
Severe Emotional Distress
Time Immemorial
Splintered Visions
Timeless Winter

Iced Earth:
Intro: In Sacred Flames
1.Behold the Wicked Child
2.Motivation of Man
3.Setian Massacre
4.Burning Times
5.Declaration Day
6.Vengeance is Mine
7.Ten Thousand Strong (Matt tried to hold the note... Failed, Coughed, and Walked Away)
8.Stormrider
9.Watching Over Me
10.I Walk Alone
11.Come What May
12.Dracula
13.Hold at All Costs
14.High Water Mark
Encore: (It was really just a 30 second break... not even a encore...)
15.Melancholy
16.My Own Savior
(Matt "This is an old song, you may even know some of the words... it's the name of this band... Help me out... ICED-MOTHER-::crowd FUCKING EARTH!!::"
17.Iced Earth

Matt was having problem's all night with the songs with high-flying vocals. The Ripper Songs killed him, he would try and hit the notes, but they were so out of his range he would max out his voice and NO SOUND would even come out of him. He was coughing a lot too, which as a Singer myself, I know that means he didn't have enough breath or the proper range for that note.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Dharma Wants You

I was there as well. Besides Barlow sounding like crap a lot of the show, Brent completely fucked up both choruses on " Hold At All Costs " and didn't stop the song at the right time. Jon was visibly glaring and yelling at him from the drum riser. Also, I don't care for their new guitar player at all. I can safely say they were a lot better when I saw them in '04 with Ripper.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
In Search of Truth

In regards to Barlow:

When I saw Iced Earth in Philly I heard none of these problems, and trust me I could definitely hear Barlow. It's pretty much as simple as this:
In case you didn't know, that show was their 7th or 8th consecutive show. They have played every night since the 21st, and for someone like Barlow who uses so much of his high range, playing 8 consecutive nights when you haven't toured actively in 6 years is absolute MURDER on your voice. Barlow has it, there's absolutely no question about it, he's just seriously under strain from overexertion.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
In regards to Barlow:

When I saw Iced Earth in Philly I heard none of these problems, and trust me I could definitely hear Barlow. It's pretty much as simple as this:
In case you didn't know, that show was their 7th or 8th consecutive show. They have played every night since the 21st, and for someone like Barlow who uses so much of his high range, playing 8 consecutive nights when you haven't toured actively in 6 years is absolute MURDER on your voice. Barlow has it, there's absolutely no question about it, he's just seriously under strain from overexertion.
So the recording of the new album and the whole Euro-Tour didn't check him up alittle? I mean nothing against him, I just expected a lot better from him seeing how people go Ape-Shit over his vocals. I love the album verisons, he is great there, live... Eh... Needs work.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
So the recording of the new album and the whole Euro-Tour didn't check him up alittle? I mean nothing against him, I just expected a lot better from him seeing how people go Ape-Shit over his vocals. I love the album verisons, he is great there, live... Eh... Needs work.
Have you ever heard Alive in Athens? His vocals are absolutely perfect.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
and his voice was more likely to be in shape from active touring and all the recording performed til that point...
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Oh I have, maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. That was almost ten years ago.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
N00B

Did anyone else think 'Behold the Wicked Child' was a limp-dick opener? It's not necessarily a bad song, but I just didn't think it had anywhere near the amount of energy an Iced Earth show should open with. Also, was it just me or did Barlowe forget the lyrics during 'High Water Mark'? I'm not all that familiar with the Gettysburg epic, so I couldn't tell, and it could've been the drummer's goof-up, but I saw him raise the mic to sing and then stop several times, screaming a little to cover it. I kept getting the impression that he left the stage to go look at the lyrics or something. Anyway, 'I Walk Alone' was a thousand times heavier than the album version, chugging at a slower pace and just giving off a much more evil vibe.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
the wicked path

They need to start playing Divide Devour or Crucify the King off the new album.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:26 PM
We're dying on the inside

Yeah, honestly not that pissed I missed this anymore.

Tags
iced earth, into eternity