Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Gigantour -- San Jose, CA -- May 19th, 2008

My friend and I took the train and the free shuttle from the station to my soon-to-be home of SJSU to arrive just in time for the doors to open. We found out that the difference between Sounds of the Underground starting at noon and this show starting at 5:30 was a 30 foot line and a .... much longer line. It took about 5 minutes walk pretty damn fast to the end of the line, but luckily it only took about 20 minutes to get in with just enough time to get a prime spot about 3 rows back for High on Fire.
Overall a really good tour. I figure the reason some people on here are negative about it is being too mainstream. I was really looking forward to getting a High on Fire shirt, but they only had 2 avalible at 30 bucks apiece, neither with tour dates, one of which is avalible at Hot Topic for 15. I thought about resorting to another band shirt or even the tour shirts, but nothing impressed me. But thats just 30 bucks more to spend on Mastodon shit later.

Megadeth:
Thankfully we didn't get to hear Gears of War, but sadly, no Mechanix like some of the other dates. I somewhat prefer the last gigantour setlist, since I liked the last album alot more, but this was a better experience. Megadeth's set was loud enough to max out the SJSU arena sound system, which led to the vocals being rediculously low in the mix. Chris Broderick fills all the leads flawlessly, but isn't much to watch. I think I've had my fill of Megadeth until they start pulling out some more old gems from the first couple albums including Polaris, which may never happen, due to Dave being "born again"

Sleepwalker
Wake Up Dead
Take No Prisoners
Washington Is Next
Kick the Chair
Skin 'o My Teeth
Hanger 18
In My Darkest Hour
Burnt Ice
A Tout Le Monde
Tornado Of Souls
Sweating Bullets
Ashes In Your Mouth
Symphony of Destruction
Trust
Peace Sells

Holy Wars

Children Of Bodom:
A much cleaner performance than the last time I saw them. Seems like a weaker and less focus setlist, other than the drum and keyboard jam of "Billy Jean" just before Downfall. One of the best parts of a Bodom show is the keyboard soundcheck, which includes 5 or so dramatic keyboard sound tests in a row. You know that sound you always get in summer blockbuster movie trailers...

Sixpounder
Living Dead Beat
In Your Face
Hate Me!
Hellhounds On My Trail
Angels Don't Kill
Blooddrunk
Downfall

High On Fire:
Exceeded my expectations, which is a pretty hard thing to do. They're one of those bands "you gotta see live", not to mention Matt Pikes solos. Sadly, my friend and I were a couple of the only people really into their set, no movement at all. But from what I heard, they were getting good reception from everybody but the JfaC and In Flames fans. But I don't have many good things to say about those two bands other than having really good lighting directors either.

Rumours of War
Turk
Commeth Down Hessian
Waste of Tiamat
Speedwolf
Devilution

From the titles I can remember-

Job For a Cowboy:
I'm not a fan, but the lead guitarist impressed me somewhat. Once again, what the fuck is up with that neck-bang thing going on with the short haired guitar player?
Entombment...
Altered...
30 minutes total

In Flames:
Still not a fan, but definitely bearable for taking a break in the seats. I can now say that I have no regrets missing them on Ozzfest '05 to get Tony Iommi's autograph.
The Mirror's Truth
Clayman
Alias
Something from the Jester Race album ('96)
My Sweet Shadow
50 minutes total

Last edited by TonyD; 06-05-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

< post reserved for set lists from http://forums.gigantour.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 >
Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM
N00B

The "something from 1996" that In Flames did last night was The Jesters Race - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Bodom blew it 5 years ago

"The "something from 1996" that In Flames did last night was The Jesters Race - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

Graveland...

Last edited by lakebod0m; 05-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
N00B

lucky....
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

I'm guessing Pavo will fill in the 2 incomplete setlists through the gigantour website...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm guessing Pavo will fill in the 2 incomplete setlists through the gigantour website...
I will. I'm monitoring the Gigantour forums but MegaDave has posted the lists yet. For those that can't wait and want to see for themselves: http://forums.gigantour.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Old 05-20-2008, 03:17 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
The "something from 1996" that In Flames did last night was The Jesters Race - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

They didn't play "The Jester Race"
Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Complete tool

I'm going tomorrow night. My friend said that he read on the Megadeth site that they where going to rehearse Looking Down The Cross, Skull Beneath The Skin and Good Mourning/Black Friday and try to put it in the set. I wonder what ever happened to that.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
N00B

they havent played that shit in years. dave is too "christian" now so he wont play those "dark" lyrical songs lol i would shit my pants if i heard Good Mourning/Black Friday live tho. would kick ass

Tags
children of bodom, gigantour, high on fire, in flames, job for a cowboy, megadeth