Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Under the album art: "Illustration by Derek Riggs"

Is Derek working with Maiden again? Or are they just giving him credit for the SIT and Powerslave Eddie's in the picture?

And I'm so glad they're using the old font in the logo again.
i know that's what i was thinking too. that would be cool if derek was back with maiden
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
Yep...

Oh, I found this today: http://metalsetlists.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=14

It's like ES was agreeing with me

Ha ha! I never said I was a total fanboy. Even long-time fans were irritated with all of the ranting that Bruce did on OzzFest. However, as Ed can attest, he did not rant at all in Denver on the off-date.

(BTW, I don't remember calling Bruce an angry old man? Maybe Bouville did a little creative editing? )

So, how long did it take to find that one post?
__________________
04/29: Graveyard
05/08: Mastodon
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,784
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Ha ha! I never said I was a total fanboy. Even long-time fans were irritated with all of the ranting that Bruce did on OzzFest. However, as Ed can attest, he did not rant at all in Denver on the off-date.

(BTW, I don't remember calling Bruce an angry old man? Maybe Bouville did a little creative editing? )

So, how long did it take to find that one post?

No.. he didn't seem angry... I nonetheless woofed a hot dog down in his honor as a form of my own personal Maiden protest.
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
No.. he didn't seem angry... I nonetheless woofed a hot dog down in his honor as a form of my own personal Maiden protest.
Yeah, but after you ate the hot dog, we were rocking in the pit!
__________________
04/29: Graveyard
05/08: Mastodon
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
No.. he didn't seem angry... I nonetheless woofed a hot dog down in his honor as a form of my own personal Maiden protest.
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Ha ha! I never said I was a total fanboy. Even long-time fans were irritated with all of the ranting that Bruce did on OzzFest. However, as Ed can attest, he did not rant at all in Denver on the off-date.

(BTW, I don't remember calling Bruce an angry old man? Maybe Bouville did a little creative editing? )

So, how long did it take to find that one post?
I wish I could've gone to the Denver off-date. If I could've afforded the travel, I would've!

I don't think there was any creative editing

Actually, it didn't take that long. I was just looking for a link to some of the material from the "civil war" and I searched threads I started, as I figured some of it would've been in my Ozzfest '05 write-up, which there was. I had forgotten your post though, and figured you had as well, so it seemed like linking it was the right thing to do
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Rime. That's the primary reason I disagree. Rime on top of Aces High, Powerslave, and Moonchild... that's a quarter of the set list that a lot of folks have never heard live before... not bad for a hits-based tour.

I wouldn't expect the band to reach too deeply on SIT or Seventh Son, although Infinite Dreams live would be a VERY GOOD thing in my book.

All of us need a longer set list.
I'll give you Moonchild. That was a big surprise. However, just playing the others to me isn't thinking outside the box. I would've bet $100 that they played each one of those tracks simply because of the theme of the tour. If they didn't play Rime there would've been riots in the streets. Thus, just playing those songs doesn't really make them earn any points for me. Like I said, I'm not really bitching, it was a fucking incredible show.

Honestly, the set list isn't really lacking length. My gig last a full 2 hours.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008