Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Regretting my username

Warrel Dane - "Praise to the War Machine" - May 13
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Warrel Dane - "Praise to the War Machine" - May 13
I would be more excited if it was a new Nevermore album, but this should hold me over.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
In Search of Truth

"Album Brad Will Buy Just Because This Board Ranks it In the Top 10" - Sometime in 2008

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
"Album Brad Will Buy Just Because This Board Ranks it In the Top 10" - Sometime in 2008

Don't worry, if it's power metal I'll still steer clear
Old 02-20-2008, 10:29 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Don't worry, if it's power metal I'll still steer clear
Of course. Being a hypocrite is the first step to being "enlightened" by the definition practiced by you. Claiming to be so open-minded but completely disregarding things you know nothing about, especially since you've started to join the "any form of remotely traditional metal with clean vocals is power metal" brigade.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Of course. Being a hypocrite is the first step to being "enlightened" by the definition practiced by you. Claiming to be so open-minded but completely disregarding things you know nothing about, especially since you've started to join the "any form of remotely traditional metal with clean vocals is power metal" brigade.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Thats funny. Brad, you have to admit, you do listen to alot of stuff that you wouldnt normally listen to just because a couple people on here say you should. You tend to listen to and like things more on principle, than based on talent. I can see where this chick is coming from.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I really really can't take you seriously because your tastes are so narrow. To you, any form of remotely non-traditional metal without clean vocals is somehow below you.

Quote:
Thats funny. Brad, you have to admit, you do listen to alot of stuff that you wouldnt normally listen to just because a couple people on here say you should. You tend to listen to and like things more on principle, than based on talent. I can see where this chick is coming from.
And without taking recommendations seriously, I would still be exclusively listening to Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, and Metallica. At a certain point you need to start expanding your horizons, and what better way than by listening to people with otherwise good tastes. And who the fuck is complaining that the prog nerd doesn't listen to bands based on talent?!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post

And without taking recommendations seriously, I would still be exclusively listening to Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, and Metallica. At a certain point you need to start expanding your horizons, and what better way than by listening to people with otherwise good tastes. And who the fuck is complaining that the prog nerd doesn't listen to bands based on talent?!
I don't know. I just thought that what she said was funny and close to the truth. Bands like Tegan and Sara: Eh, I've heard of em, and I dont listen to that kind of music, but if enough people say they are good, then I guess I'll check them out. Eh, Three, I dont care what he says about them. I won't give em a chance. Oh wait, I saw them live, I guess I will give them a chance, now.

I don't know.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I just thought that what she said was funny and close to the truth. Bands like Tegan and Sara: Eh, I've heard of em, and I dont listen to that kind of music, but if enough people say they are good, then I guess I'll check them out. Eh, Three, I dont care what he says about them. I won't give em a chance. Oh wait, I saw them live, I guess I will give them a chance, now.

I don't know.
I started listening to Three in October. I started listening to Tegan and Sara in February. I don't think you have a point anymore.