Breaking The Silence
Anybody Listening?
Jet City Woman
Eyes Of A Stranger
-----------------------------(encore)
Neon Knights
Someone Else?
Empire

Fucking amazing show!!! The venue was a theater with seats and I had third row center which was pretty damn good. As soon as Queensryche took the stage everyone rushed up, including me and my buddy. There was no barricade so we were basically leaning onto the stage. Geoff and the rest of the band got so close, we could basically touch them if we wanted to. It was awesome! Best show I have been to and closest too. But it gets even better...
My friend is a very popular guy and everyone from the band recognizes him and knows who he is (cause he goes to so many QR shows). After the show we met up with someone we know that is close friends with Scott Rockenfield. He had passes for the meet and greet and wished that we could join him but he couldn't get anymore passes. Well, we just chilled anyways with him and waited for the meet and greet to start where we were sure that we would be kicked out of. So the band comes out and we're just standing there so they let us stay (mostly because everyone in the band knew my friend and the tour manager, Fozzy knows us as well. So we got to chill with the band, get autographs and take a few pictures. It was fucking awesome!!! I'm still in amazement and awe. Best fucking show/experience ever! I had such a great time and look forward to seeing Queensryche again next tour.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhisper88 View Post
NM 156
The Killing Words
Best I Can
Anybody Listening?
Neon Knights
Someone Else?

Reasons I should've gone to see this tour.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Is there anybody listening?

Some pics from after the show of me and my friend with Michael Wilton and Mike Stone. It was a great time and all the guys in the band are really chill and down to earth.

Last edited by TheWhisper88; 02-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Further proof of what a giant goddamned douchebag Mike Stone is and that he should be fired off the roof.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Further proof of what a giant goddamned douchebag Mike Stone is and that he should be fired off the roof.
Whoa, whoa....whats with the major dislike for Stone?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Whoa, whoa....whats with the major dislike for Stone?
He doesn't belong in Queensryche, I don't care what anyone says. He acts like a giant douche on stage, not even looking at the crowd and playing like he's God's gift to guitar playing, and he looks, as the picture you posted shows, like something from an Idiot's Guide to Dressing Gangster.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Did someone say fire off the roof?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
He doesn't belong in Queensryche, I don't care what anyone says. He acts like a giant douche on stage, not even looking at the crowd and playing like he's God's gift to guitar playing, and he looks, as the picture you posted shows, like something from an Idiot's Guide to Dressing Gangster.
You have your own opinion and I respect that. I personally think Mike Stone is a pretty cool guy even if he does dress a bit goofy. He is fun to hang out with and is very personable. In fact, in reference to your not looking at the crowd comment, during the Starland show Stone came over by where me and my friend were standing on the railing and said 'Charlie' to him because he remembers him and respects his fans. While we were talking to him he actually remebered the first time he met him back in 2006, which says a lot for the guy's memory especially all the touring QR does.
And about how he doesn't belong in QR....DeGarmo is gone and the band is doing quite well without him...even though he is clearly missed by many. Ryche still packs them in. Both Starland and NYC were sold out and AC was very close as well. I feel Stone brought back some of the attitude and passion in the band. I mean music wise Mindcrime II was a hell of lot better than Tribe, Q2K, and even HITNF. But again its your opinion and I'm not trying to argue or anything...just adding my two cents. I mean I bet we all can agree that Queensryche is fucking awesome live and never fail to put on a good show.

Oh yeah and about the dress, we were in Atlantic City, c'mon he was having fun!

Last edited by TheWhisper88; 02-12-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Exactly.

Trivia: Did anyone know that the line in Dream Theater's "As I Am": "You can't touch the why I play - don't tell me what to say" was written about Mike Stone? Apparently on the Queensryche/DT/Fates Warning tour, Mike Stone tried to show John Petrucci "a thing or two on guitar", and naturally John didn't take it too well.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 PM
In Search of Truth

I win.

Tags
queensryche