Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #11  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Not entirely my kind of thing but I definitely think I'll listen to it again, I enjoyed it. Everything about it screamed sincerity and quality. I especially liked the lyrics on "Entertain"... "Where's the fuck you? Where's the black and blue?"
It can be a bit overwhelming at first. I was definitely left with a feeling of "What the fuck was THAT??" the first time I listened to it. But it's definitely a grower.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:13 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
I actually LOL'd hard at what you said about Mars Volta, dude.

You know in retrospect, I can't remember what I had for my 2005 top 10, but I know I disagree heavily now. I'm pretty sure it didn't have Behemoth or Kamelot, which would easily be top 5 probably. So, I was wrong.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I actually LOL'd hard at what you said about Mars Volta, dude.
I LOL'd harder because you liked Panteradise Lost.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Bruce's solo stuff is some seriously awesome music. ToS is a great album, standing out for it's lyrics if anything else. The artwork is pretty sick too. I think the reason Bruce sounds differently on AMOLAD is because of the way that album was recorded/mixed. I definatley like Bruce's singing in post-BNW reunion stuff the best.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Not that anyone really will have anything to say but harass me for liking too much "flower metal", but my 2005 list:

1.Masterplan - Aeronautics
2.Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
3.Dungeon - Ressurection (rerecorded)
4.Allen/Lande - The Battle
5.Primal Fear - Seven Seals
6.Rob Rock - Holy Hell
7.Circle II Circle - Middle of Nowhere
8.Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls
9.Gamma Ray - Majestic
10.Firewind - Forged By Fire
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Nick's Avatar
Nick Nick is offline
One sexy Holy Father.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Catasauqua, PA
Posts: 100
Some of my top choices for 2005 I can forgive not seeing here due to obscurity, however total lack of Shadow Gallery's Room V so far is rediculous.

1. Shadow Gallery - Room V
2. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
3. Secret Sphere - Heart and Anger
4. Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
5. Neal Morse - ?
6. Redemption - The Fullness of Time
7. Royal Hunt - Paper Blood
8. Dredg - Catch Without Arms
9. Labyrinth - Freeman
10. John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

Wow. 2005 was an *amazing* year. Looking back now the number of superb discs in 2005 smokes this past year, and probably 2006 as well. I mean all 10 of those discs are phenomenal and choosing an order was extremely difficult. The fact that I took all 10 of those over a Dream Theater release that year is also scary. Great year.
__________________
www.nickeh.com - Trading Site - With women, there are three things: intelligence, beauty and sanity. Pick two.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Wow. 2005 was an *amazing* year. Looking back now the number of superb discs in 2005 smokes this past year, and probably 2006 as well. I mean all 10 of those discs are phenomenal and choosing an order was extremely difficult. The fact that I took all 10 of those over a Dream Theater release that year is also scary. Great year.
Which is strange, because Systematic Chaos was your #1, and Octavarium is (in my opinion) way fucking better than Systematic Chaos.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Nick's Avatar
Nick Nick is offline
One sexy Holy Father.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Catasauqua, PA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Which is strange, because Systematic Chaos was your #1, and Octavarium is (in my opinion) way fucking better than Systematic Chaos.
I prefer Systematic Chaos to Octavarium by a good margin.
__________________
www.nickeh.com - Trading Site - With women, there are three things: intelligence, beauty and sanity. Pick two.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I prefer Systematic Chaos to Octavarium by a good margin.
For once in my life, I'm going to have to agree with Brad.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
For once in my life, I'm going to have to agree with Brad.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008