Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Municipal Waste -- Echo Park, CA -- July 25th, 2014
Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
overkiller overkiller is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I thought you were one of the reasonable people on this board that I could actually get along with?

I just think it's incredible stupid when someone can't not only find something remotely intelligent to say, they have to respond with some stupid ass comment that a 6 year old could make.
There are a lot of time on messageboards I find people saying such crap that wasting my time typing a response that won't even get us anywhere because the argument is so fucking stupid to begin with simply isn't worth it. It's more fun to provoke you.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I thought you were one of the reasonable people on this board that I could actually get along with?

I just think it's incredible stupid when someone can't not only find something remotely intelligent to say, they have to respond with some stupid ass comment that a 6 year old could make.
Yeah dude but don't diss Brady.
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:21 PM
DarkTwilight DarkTwilight is offline
Defender of the Faith
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Springfield PA
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Do you think death metal just "happened" last week? Death metal has probably been around longer than you have been alive. What exactly is changing?
well no shit... do you think im fucking retarded... what I mean is there are the maiden fanboys/classic metal fanboys, i just named some example bands... yeah didn't you see the part where I said MAYBE YOU DONT FALL UNDER THAT CATEGORY? oh shit we have dumb posters... but its okay, im starting to realize that the most important part about metal is that all its fans have to be fucking retarded, after posting on this site.

sure, death metal has been around for a very long time, but IT IS CONTINUING, and the NWOBHM genre, while a great genre, is just dead now. That had its time in the 80's, now its time for a new sound. I mean, Bruce even said it himself, when they released No Prayer for the Dying, he said he wanted to go back to their old sound. And just look at how great that CD was (not a bad cd, but you get the point).

As the other classic metal bands die out, other bands will be taking their place, if you asked someone in the 80's what their idea of current metal was, they could tell you iron maiden judas priest metallica megadeth slayer black sabbath ect... in the future, you just aren't going to get the same response. I'm not trying to judge anyone on this site, but at least people I know, are going to stick around worshipping all the old bands (which are good dont get me wrong), and just listening to a select few poser power metal bands (again, not mentioning any names), and then go out and say nile sucks, im just like FUCK YOU

I think you would understand if you hung out with people who downloaded every discography of every power metal band imagineable
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
well no shit... do you think im fucking retarded... what I mean is there are the maiden fanboys/classic metal fanboys, i just named some example bands... yeah didn't you see the part where I said MAYBE YOU DONT FALL UNDER THAT CATEGORY? oh shit we have dumb posters... but its okay, im starting to realize that the most important part about metal is that all its fans have to be fucking retarded, after posting on this site.

sure, death metal has been around for a very long time, but IT IS CONTINUING, and the NWOBHM genre, while a great genre, is just dead now. That had its time in the 80's, now its time for a new sound. I mean, Bruce even said it himself, when they released No Prayer for the Dying, he said he wanted to go back to their old sound. And just look at how great that CD was (not a bad cd, but you get the point).

As the other classic metal bands die out, other bands will be taking their place, if you asked someone in the 80's what their idea of current metal was, they could tell you iron maiden judas priest metallica megadeth slayer black sabbath ect... in the future, you just aren't going to get the same response. I'm not trying to judge anyone on this site, but at least people I know, are going to stick around worshipping all the old bands (which are good dont get me wrong), and just listening to a select few poser power metal bands (again, not mentioning any names), and then go out and say nile sucks, im just like FUCK YOU

I think you would understand if you hung out with people who downloaded every discography of every power metal band imagineable
If you don't like this site or the people on it, just let me know. I have a solution for you. However, if you want to stay around for awhile - chill out.
__________________
07/18: Megadeth
07/24: NIN/Soundgarden
08/18: Alice In Chains
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
DarkTwilight DarkTwilight is offline
Defender of the Faith
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Springfield PA
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
If you don't like this site or the people on it, just let me know. I have a solution for you. However, if you want to stay around for awhile - chill out.
sorry ive been posting like really drunk and high earlier, niles a great band, if you dont think so, thats fine. i just think the lessons is a good buy. if you really give the band a good listen, you might like it. try in their darkened shrines (i am drunk as i type so that may not be it)

sorry guys!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008