Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
After listening to Nile, his solo stuff, and watching his BETCHA CANT PLAY THIS video, I can't find one single thing that would deem him a great guitar player. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places.
you write a shitload of songs that have a completely different sound from the rest of the death metal scene and make albums that people vote metal album of the year (not saying their new one is the best of 2007, but its up there) being a great guitar player doesn't mean having the greatest musicianship, it has something to do with songwriting also. Would I pick him out of a list of top 100 metal guitarists for lessons? No. If I had to pick, I'd probably get Tony Iommi... is he a good instructor? He definetly has some brains to get himself where he is now, and I doubt he would offer lessons if he was a sucky teacher. If Adrian Smith was as good as teaching as he is at writing killer songs, I would pay 500 for a lesson with him. But that opportunity isn't coming around... I stopped getting lessons from local guitar teachers once I realized I can shred better than them (not trying to build an ego, i never had a metalhead guitar teacher), and I am all about an hour long lesson focused on "extreme metal techniques". If I don't learn anything, at least I would have got to chill with nile... just an expensive VIP pass right? Not everyone could afford this, but I just don't see why people hate nile/karl sanders. Its just really good music, and if your not into death metal, why are you on this site?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
In Search of Truth

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
and if your not into death metal, why are you on this site?
Dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time. And that's saying quite a lot when you consider the caliber of most of this board's posters.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time. And that's saying quite a lot when you consider the caliber of most of this board's posters.
DERP DERP DERP
Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
DERP DERP DERP
You can never come up with anything except 7-yeard-old-esque comments can you?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
DERKA DERRRRRRRRR

METAL BOARD GOOOOOOD, YOU LEAVVEEEEEE DERP DERP
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about. When it comes to metalheads liking death metal or not, the only thing stupid is people who refuse to accept that the sound of metal is changing, and you ONLY listen to "classic" metal bands, black sabbath maiden slayer dio priest megadeth metallica ect... and some power metal stuff (since it has the most similar sound to those bands... not so much slayer and megadeth but you know) like theres nothing wrong with it, but you can't just go out and say death metal is an illegitimate part of metal. I'm not claiming that you think that way or anyone else on this site thinks that way, as long as everyone recognizes death metal as a valid subgenre thats appropriate for this site. some hardcore or metalcore, now thats more questionable... but people saying shit about nile on THIS website, thats just flat out ridiculous...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about. When it comes to metalheads liking death metal or not, the only thing stupid is people who refuse to accept that the sound of metal is changing, and you ONLY listen to "classic" metal bands, black sabbath maiden slayer dio priest megadeth metallica ect... and some power metal stuff (since it has the most similar sound to those bands... not so much slayer and megadeth but you know) like theres nothing wrong with it, but you can't just go out and say death metal is an illegitimate part of metal. I'm not claiming that you think that way or anyone else on this site thinks that way, as long as everyone recognizes death metal as a valid subgenre thats appropriate for this site. some hardcore or metalcore, now thats more questionable... but people saying shit about nile on THIS website, thats just flat out ridiculous...
Do you think death metal just "happened" last week? Death metal has probably been around longer than you have been alive. What exactly is changing?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Alright, I'll disect this into parts.

-As es156 just mentioned, Metal isn't just "changing" now, it's been evolving for decades now.
-I dislike Black Sabbath with Ozzy, I hate Slayer, Judas Priest and Metallica are both overrated, and Dave Mustaine can't sing. That just kind of voids that little statement now doesn't it?
-I don't in any way look at death metal as an "illegitimate" part of metal. I do however frown upon such a statement as "if you're not into death metal, why are you on this site?". I could find you a good number of people on this board who don't like death metal. You're just trying to support your arguement with faulty logic.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I thought you were one of the reasonable people on this board that I could actually get along with?

I just think it's incredible stupid when someone can't not only find something remotely intelligent to say, they have to respond with some stupid ass comment that a 6 year old could make.