Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 01-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Defender of the Faith

KARL SANDERS TO OFFER GUITAR LESSONS IN THE U.S.

from www.nile-catacombs.com

KARL SANDERS TO OFFER GUITAR LESSONS
IN THE U.S.
- 2 January 2007 -

Nile guitarist Karl Sanders (recently featured in Guitar World Magazine's "Betcha Can't Play This", and also ranked 4 in the Top 20 Death Metal Guitarists by Decibel Magazine) will be offering guitar lessons across the U.S. during the forthcoming Nile tour in Spring 2008.
Lessons will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- extreme Metal Guitar Techniques,
- melodic Guitar Application
within a Death Metal Context,
- warm-up routines,
- chops-building exercises.
Sessions are intended for intermediate to
advanced students.
Lessons will be at the show venues in the cities along the routed dates of the Nile tour, on a first come first served basis. The the cost of lessons are $100 per hour.

There will be a maximum of 4 students per session to insure that every student gets personal attention and a quality learning experience.

Most students will be invited to stay to watch Nile's sound-check after the lesson, and all students will be put on the guest list for the show.

I already signed up for the lesson in philly... im suprised this hasn't been posted yet...
Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Lefty Guitarer

i wish they had a show in toronto
Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I first saw this and thought it was outrageous. But now that I see the soundcheck/guestlist thing it might be worth it.
50 bucks for an hour guitar lesson
50 bucks for VIP pass. not too bad
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I first saw this and thought it was outrageous. But now that I see the soundcheck/guestlist thing it might be worth it.
50 bucks for an hour guitar lesson
50 bucks for VIP pass. not too bad
yeah thats what i was sayin. I thought it was ridiculous at first, but when I used to get guitar lessons, they were a half hour for 20 bucks... so an hour straight lesson, thats like 40 bucks, so you pay 10 more to have it from colonel sanders (lol) from nile, and all the other shit... cant go wrong there.

Anyone else going to this show/signing up for the lesson?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I don't think I'm up to par for lesson from basically, one of the best death metal guitarists ever. But I will be at the show.
Me and a couple friends have been thinking, instead of going in corpse paint, doing gold and blue egyptian face paint. Just for the lulz.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Dharma Wants You

You've gotta be kidding me. The guy isn't even good. Not even CLOSE to worth playing 100 dollars for.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Defender of the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
You've gotta be kidding me. The guy isn't even good. Not even CLOSE to worth playing 100 dollars for.
Yeah, if all I got to do was pay 100 dollars, go in for the lesson and leave, I'd say no, but I don't even have to think about whether or not I am going to this concert, and thats like 20 bucks a ticket, plus that nasty convenience charge ticket master charges.... saves 30 bucks? Now were at 70 bucks for the lesson... 70 bucks for the hour long lesson and to chill with nile... i've been playing guitar for a while, and I don't play too much death metal stuff, and although this guy doesn't stand up to the other guitar legends out there, i think he can definetly teach the average player a thing or two about shredding... i mean his "betcha can't play this" video on youtube isnt that good, but just listen to some nile... its not like, the greatest bargain in the world, but its not a bad deal
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
Yeah, if all I got to do was pay 100 dollars, go in for the lesson and leave, I'd say no, but I don't even have to think about whether or not I am going to this concert, and thats like 20 bucks a ticket, plus that nasty convenience charge ticket master charges.... saves 30 bucks? Now were at 70 bucks for the lesson... 70 bucks for the hour long lesson and to chill with nile... i've been playing guitar for a while, and I don't play too much death metal stuff, and although this guy doesn't stand up to the other guitar legends out there, i think he can definetly teach the average player a thing or two about shredding... i mean his "betcha can't play this" video on youtube isnt that good, but just listen to some nile... its not like, the greatest bargain in the world, but its not a bad deal
I guess if you look at it that way it's a little more understandable. Still just seems like a cash grab by Nile, though.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Would I pay him 100 dollars? No.

Is he a great guitarist? Well, hell yeah.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Would I pay him 100 dollars? No.

Is he a great guitarist? Well, hell yeah.
After listening to Nile, his solo stuff, and watching his BETCHA CANT PLAY THIS video, I can't find one single thing that would deem him a great guitar player. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places.