Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

  #91  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The former. Here are the lyrics to Alexandria, for example:

"Strange tension in the harbor tonight
I watch the rich girls down on Duke St. pass me by
Now the nausea's
In my guts
And I'm wrestling with doubt
The kind you get when your heroes
Sell you out
And as I watch the drawbridge come down
There's mass extinction on my mind
Human cruelty stains my thoughts jet black
I've got this feeling
Like things have gone too far and now we can't get back"

Very Holden Caulfield, methinks.
Fair enough. Still I'm sure I would hate it.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Fair enough. Still I'm sure I would hate it.
Yes, yes you would. Moreso than most death metal, probably.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yes, yes you would. Moreso than most death metal, probably.
What happened to the days when you would buy discs on my recomendation?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
What happened to the days when you would buy discs on my recomendation?
Hey, I bought and enjoyed the new Redemption album. Other than that, I just feel more like expanding my tastes than listening to hundreds of bands that play variations on the same theme.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Hey, I bought and enjoyed the new Redemption album. Other than that, I just feel more like expanding my tastes than listening to hundreds of bands that play variations on the same theme.
I don't care that you listen to different music, but I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle my styles. It's my #1 pet peeve. I mainly listen to 4 metal subgenres: Melodic, Power, Progressive, and Traditional. I hate it when people say that "all the bands that play power metal sound the same", because if you ask anyone that knows shit about shit about it rather than just being a judging asshole knows that there's an incredible amount of variety within the subgenre. I agree there are "cliques" of power metal bands (ie Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica/almost all other Finnish Bands) but the differences between the cliques is pretty sizeable. You can't say Jag Panzer sounds like Stratovarius, or Primal Fear sounds like Nocturnal Rites, or At Vance sounds like Blind Guardian, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't care that you listen to different music, but I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle my styles. It's my #1 pet peeve. I mainly listen to 4 metal subgenres: Melodic, Power, Progressive, and Traditional. I hate it when people say that "all the bands that play power metal sound the same", because if you ask anyone that knows shit about shit about it rather than just being a judging asshole knows that there's an incredible amount of variety within the subgenre. I agree there are "cliques" of power metal bands (ie Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica/almost all other Finnish Bands) but the differences between the cliques is pretty sizeable. You can't say Jag Panzer sounds like Stratovarius, or Primal Fear sounds like Nocturnal Rites, or At Vance sounds like Blind Guardian, etc, etc.
I wasn't making that argument at all, I was just saying that they're similar enough to where I want to hear stuff that is entirely different because with damn near every genre, I've mostly exhausted the styles and want to move forward. Death metal is getting totally old and stale, too, but I'll always like a handful of key bands. Same goes for power metal or anything else.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I wasn't making that argument at all, I was just saying that they're similar enough to where I want to hear stuff that is entirely different because with damn near every genre, I've mostly exhausted the styles and want to move forward. Death metal is getting totally old and stale, too, but I'll always like a handful of key bands. Same goes for power metal or anything else.
Fair enough. I see what you mean but I really hate the mentality. That rather than find music that you really love and stick with it, you'd rather join that elitist mentality of "I need to listen to as many different bands and styles as possible". I'm not argueing against variety, but I'm not going to disobey what I naturally like so that I can listen to more things just for the sake of pointlessly "expanding my horizons".
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Labyrinth
1.Moonlight
2.Lightyears Away From Here
3.Sons of Thunder
4.Crossroads
5.The Night of Dreams
6.Behind the Mask
7.The Prophet
8.Heaven Denied
9.In the Shade
10.Die For Freedom
11.Meanings
12.Falling Rain
13.State of Grace
14.Freeman
Encore:
15.Piece of Time
16.Save Me

Last edited by Maiden33; 01-15-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
TheWhisper88's Avatar
TheWhisper88 TheWhisper88 is offline
Is there anybody listening?
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 127
Nevermore

The Seven Tongues Of God
Narcosynthesis
Born
Inside Four Walls
Final Product
I, Voyager
No More Will
The River Dragon Has Come
Medicated Nation
Enemies Of Reality
This Sacrament
Believe In Nothing
Seed Awakening
The Psalm Of Lydia
A Future Uncertain
This Godless Endeavor
------------------------------(encore)
The Heart Collector
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
I forgot if I've already done this one but...

TWILIGHTNING

01. Gone To The Wall
02. At The Forge
03. Swinelord
04. Space Of Disgrace
05. Jester Realm
06. Fever Pitch
07. Vice Jesus
08. Diamonds Of Mankind
09. Seventh Dawn
10. Pimps, Witches, Theives, And Bitches
11. Isolation Shell
12. Plague Overload
13. Enslaved To The Mind
14. The Escapist
15. Goddess Of Fortune
16. Riot race
17. Rolling Heads
18. The Gun
19. Into Treason
20. Delirium Veil
-------------------------------------------------
21. Wind-Up Toy
22. Plague-House Puppet Show

Wanted to fit in Masked Ball Dalliance, Under Somber Skies, Reflections Of The Cuckoo, and With The Flow but didn't want to make it too long.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008