Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

I am somewhat surprised that they are going to try to forge ahead with this tour. I might still try to catch the show, but I am afraid the attendance won't be very good. I have been told that Firewind only drew about 150 people (or less?) at the Chicago show this year.

On a similar note, I read that Fates Warning only drew about 150 at their show in London last month. That is pathetic. I would love to see them tour the States.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I Am All Which You Can Never Be

I'm actually happy, seeing as Manticora is the best band on there. Maybe now they'll play smaller venues, which means they could hit up Rochester.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I am somewhat surprised that they are going to try to forge ahead with this tour. I might still try to catch the show, but I am afraid the attendance won't be very good. I have been told that Firewind only drew about 150 people (or less?) at the Chicago show this year.
Yeah, Firewind's turnout at the Silo show in Reading, PA was even less than that. I was without any doubt the biggest fan there.
And I think this tour will now fail miserably. I'd still definately go to it if it came close enough, but many of the potential attendees (all the Sava-legions) will probably now all not go, which will lead to pathetic attendance, no profit, and the bands not wanting to/not being able to afford another US tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
On a similar note, I read that Fates Warning only drew about 150 at their show in London last month. That is pathetic. I would love to see them tour the States.
That is pathetic... and upsetting, being that I also would love to seem the headline over here.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
yup....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah, Firewind's turnout at the Silo show in Reading, PA was even less than that. I was without any doubt the biggest fan there.
Into Eternity's was worse,I guess. There must have been 30 more or less.

Last edited by Nikki; 12-11-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

CIRCUS MAXIMUS: North American Tour Canceled

Source: Blabbermouth

Glenn Harveston of Intromental Management, which represents the Norwegian progressive metal band CIRCUS MAXIMUS, has posted the following message on the official forum of the ProgPower USA festival (which Hareveston organizes):

"It is with deep regret that I announce that CIRCUS MAXIMUS have canceled their upcoming North American tour. This decision was made only yesterday by the band after receiving an offer to participate on a high-profile European tour that interferes with the logistics of the North American tour.

"I would like to apologize profusely to the fans and promoters that have supported our efforts in booking this tour. Both Hoyt (booking director) and I have worked extremely hard over these past few months to make this tour a reality. We are more disappointed, disillusioned, and frustrated than anyone regarding the recent turn of events. I'm afraid that I will not comment further on the situation out of my professional responsibility."

Not really surprised.