Gamecube 6 35.29%
Xbox 2 11.76%
Even older consoles 7 41.18%
BOARD GAMES 7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

What do you play games on?

So it's apparent that anyone who posts in this sub-forum plays video games, so I think it'd be cool to see what the people in Metalsetlists use.

I personally am a Wii guy. I also have a Gamecube (which is somewhat pointless now since the Wii is backwards compatible) as well as a recently-acquired PS2.

edit: Shit I forgot to put handhelds like the DS and PSP in there, ack.

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 12-22-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "YOU PEOPLE"?

Just a Gamecube. I want to start using my PSX again to play some RPGs though. Goddamn Dreamcast broke. Never use my Gameboy advance.

Some people on my floor have a Wii though, and I get to leech off of them every once in a while.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

i have a DS, xbox 1, n64, and an old sega genesis somewhere, but i havent really played any of them in months/years. maybe once a month ill go over my friends house who has a 360 and well stay up all night playing games but thats about it for me.

i used to be into pc games back in highschool but my computer is quickly becoming outdated. i managed to play through bioshock on my dads pc one weekend, but other than that there arent really many games that've got me anticipated anymore... except starcraft 2 whenever the fuck that come out.

and of course, i dominate all in monopoly
Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

PS3 and Wii... very different gaming experiences.

There's a 360 in my future but the recent rash of exceptional games for PS3 and Wii is delaying that purchase. I only so much time and dough for gaming.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

I have an N64, a GameCube, and I just recently acquired a Wii, but most of the time I use an Emulator on my Mac to play old NES, SNES, and Game Boy games.

Now that I have a Wii, I was thinking about buying some of the games I don't have on an emulator (such as old N64 games I don't have anymore). But their library is very limited...for all systems. Sometimes I wonder if I'm better off just sticking too my emulator, but I'd like to think those official games have a slightly better quality to them.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
We're dying on the inside

PS2 and even older consoles (here meaning N64, Sega Genesis, and Game Boy mainly)
Old 12-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
I have an N64, a GameCube, and I just recently acquired a Wii, but most of the time I use an Emulator on my Mac to play old NES, SNES, and Game Boy games.

Now that I have a Wii, I was thinking about buying some of the games I don't have on an emulator (such as old N64 games I don't have anymore). But their library is very limited...for all systems. Sometimes I wonder if I'm better off just sticking too my emulator, but I'd like to think those official games have a slightly better quality to them.
I picked up Super Mario World off the Nintendo online store and it looked GREAT. I couldn't believe it is so old!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I picked up Super Mario World off the Nintendo online store and it looked GREAT. I couldn't believe it is so old!
I bought Super Mario Bros. 3 this afternoon (cos I just beat Super Mario World on an emulator this morning ) and it looked like shit! I've played better looking versions on emulators (and on the gameboy advance for that matter).

Also, I'm kinda pissed they don't have the original Smash Brothers or the Banjo-Kazzoie games in the N64 catalogue.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:48 PM
One sexy Holy Father.

PC: Currently Mechwarrior 4 + expansions.
PS2: Currently GTA - Vice City, God of War II, and Guitar Hero III.
Board games.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I firmly believe that despite all the new technology for game making today...and all the new fancy systems, Super Mario World ofr Super Nintendo is one of the best games ever created.

I usually only play a few games per system. Pokemon and Tony Hawk on Gameboy, Donkey Kong/Megaman/Mario on Super Nintendo, Sonic on Sega Genesis (just doesnt feel right on any other system), Twilight Princess on Gamecube, Tony Hawk and Dragonball Z Budakai on PS2, Halo 2 and Tony Hawk on Xbox, and Civilization on PC.

And then there is the best game system ever created: Nintendo 64. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask, Starfox 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie (or whatever it was called), Snowboard Kids, MARIO FUCKING 64, WCW...etc etc.

Can I get a testimony from the congregation?