Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
@ this thread. And Josh's sig.

And at the idea that a Dethklok tour exists. The show is funny, but c'mon...the music sucks balls.
I listened to the whole CD yesterday and it really isnt bad. Better than what you hear on the show.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Dethklok rules
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

The concert was awesome. And Dethklok isn't a half-bad band. Their album has better metal on it than some of the shit to come out this year.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Defender of the Faith

Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it wasn't a cartoon people wouldn't even give it the time of day.

By the way, wasn't this sort of thing already perfected by Spinal Tap years ago?

Last edited by JRA; 11-18-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
So did some guys dress up like the cartoon characters of what?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.

Last edited by JRA; 11-18-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.
Yep. Dethklok is the same thing as High School Musical. You nailed it.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

^Except Brendan Small is making real music, not something that is supposed to go on the $5 rack at wal-mart in 6 months.
Besides, Gene Hoglan, King Diamond and Nevermore aren't backing Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan.

Tags
dethklok