Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
@ this thread. And Josh's sig.

And at the idea that a Dethklok tour exists. The show is funny, but c'mon...the music sucks balls.
I listened to the whole CD yesterday and it really isnt bad. Better than what you hear on the show.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Dethklok rules
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,251
Blog Entries: 19
The concert was awesome. And Dethklok isn't a half-bad band. Their album has better metal on it than some of the shit to come out this year.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
DarkTwilight DarkTwilight is offline
Defender of the Faith
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Springfield PA
Posts: 90
Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTwilight View Post
Don't judge dethklok's music by the show. You should really pick up the Dethalbum, its better than many albums released this year by "real bands". The Dethalbum has very little filler, many memorable songs, such as Murmaider, Awaken Mustakrakish, the Fansong, Birthday Dethday, Thunderhorse, Hatredcopter, ect...

Honestly I think the Dethklok bashers are just random jackoffs who never heard the band before and dont think metal can be good cuz its in a cartoon.
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If it wasn't a cartoon people wouldn't even give it the time of day.

By the way, wasn't this sort of thing already perfected by Spinal Tap years ago?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 11-18-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
So did some guys dress up like the cartoon characters of what?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,251
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No, they came out and played in front of a screen behind them that had music videos go along with the music they played.

@neilpeartjr.: So are you saying Spinal Tap is a terrible thing that happened to heavy metal, or just singling out Dethklok because they're on a cartoon rather than a movie?
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 11-18-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
What I'm saying is that its one thing if there's a there's an entity that pokes fun at music whether it be a movie or a cartoon, but for people to treat it like its an actual band...then that's where the stupidity comes in. Using a television show to become popular and then put out music? People buy this shit and then they wonder why Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and High School Musical soundtracks are at the top of the charts. Its the same thing different genre.

By the way, if you are trying to get me to stop and think about what value the show has, you are wasting your time, so you might as well stop here.
Yep. Dethklok is the same thing as High School Musical. You nailed it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,193
^Except Brendan Small is making real music, not something that is supposed to go on the $5 rack at wal-mart in 6 months.
Besides, Gene Hoglan, King Diamond and Nevermore aren't backing Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan.
__________________
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dethklok

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008