Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Ad A Dglgmut

Between The Buried And Me -- Philadelphia, PA -- October 30th, 2007

Before I dive into my short review, let just just say that The First Unitarian Chruch in Philly gets really hot, really fast, and for this show, instead of being up front, headbanging and singing along, I stayed in the back and I was STILL dying; just take note if any of you plan on going to any shows there. And second off, I go to school here and have only been her 2 months, I'm from New York, and I'm used to almost everything beign 24 hours. I do not see any sense in the last subway ride being at 12:30 at night, it just causes problems and I'm sure the public transporation authority would make money even at obscure hours of the night (I'd much rather take a longer subway ride then pay a for a fucking cab).They played all of Colors live, I read on some of their other shows they came back and played Selkies but I had to rush out of their in order to catch a subway. Regardless, seeing all of Colors live was just asboluetly outstanding, so far, for me at least, it's by far album of the year. The musicianship of this band is just so unreal, I've been to many, many, many shows, but it just completly blew my mind that no one's arms fell off during this (for those of you that don't know, the album is a little over an hour long). All the sweeping, all the blast beats, and the bass solo were all included and just great. If your in New York, go see that shit tonight, it's out of this world.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
N00B

I'm still pissed that I had tix for this show when it was scheduled for 11/1, then it got moved to 10/30, which was the same night I had typeo tix for...bullshit...really wanted to see BTBAM and horse..
Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
We're dying on the inside

I am so psyched for this show. Colors in its entirety has a legitimate shot at grabbing the number one live performance of the year for me if they do it right.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Ad A Dglgmut

I felt it was flawless, but you'll be the one to judge tonight. It was definetly one of the best performances of year, only 1or 2 shows can rival it, one being Emperor of which for the second year in a row; completly blew me away.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
N00B

Damn I'm thinking I should see this tour when they hit Slim's. Problem is its on a weeknight.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
N00B

I'm so pissed I didn't hit this show up, but Tuesday night is terrible for concerts. The church can be sweltering, but its by far one of the most intimate and awesome venues ever. I hate the public transportation system as well; I've had to leave so many shows early to catch that last train home.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

I just saw that these guys are going to be opening for Dream Theater and Opeth
I never thought of these guys as a prog band. I dont recall listening, but its probly because the name is close in my mind to "Bury Your Dead", and the only memmory of that band I have is the singer yelling "bury your fucking dead". not very impressive.

but I was surprised at the review blabbermouth gave their new album. Just may have sparked some interest. Can anyone tell me what these guys sound like and if its worth picking up their new album?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I just saw that these guys are going to be opening for Dream Theater and Opeth
I never thought of these guys as a prog band. I dont recall listening, but its probly because the name is close in my mind to "Bury Your Dead", and the only memmory of that band I have is the singer yelling "bury your fucking dead". not very impressive.

but I was surprised at the review blabbermouth gave their new album. Just may have sparked some interest. Can anyone tell me what these guys sound like and if its worth picking up their new album?
I'd say they are more prog than Dream Theater or Opeth.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Ad A Dglgmut

Some might call them the "Opeth of hardcore". They flawlessly combine tons of shit together, but not like a mishmash of genres. The new one is by far their most progressive album yet; and I feel their best. If you want a song or two to check out to get the real jist of most their shit, and I guess 'less progressive', listen to Mordecai, and Alaska. If you want a jist of the new album, listen to the first two tracks (the whole album is basically 1 hour long song broken up), they'll give you a good idea of what they are. And lastly, Bury Your Dead suck huge amounts of balls.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

yeah that was my assumption on bury your dead after one song

More prog than DT or Opeth?
In what sense would you say? Because we can go on for days (a few posts) about what makes prog what it is

Tags
between the buried and me