Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Indeed. Normally they play 70 minutes. This time it was 90. We lost out on two songs which are being played elsewhere on the tour (I Wanna Be Somebody and Hate To Love Me). I think the second half varies depending on local curfews.



Not true. There are three. Thus:

3. Those who have realised that
a) Crimson Idol is not their finest work because in reality all the songs have the same riff and the same lyrics
b) The Headless Children is their best album
c) Helldorado blows (this may actually be a feature of all three kinds of W.A.S.P. fans)
d) Unholy Terror, Dominator and Dying For The World are all great albums and are ridiculously overlooked.
e) The Neon God was a desperate attempt at recreating The Crimson Idol. This was mostly obvious because it had all the same riffs and the same lyrics.

How can Dominator be overlooked when it's only been out for five minutes, you ask? On the "Dominator World Tour" they played one song from the album at two shows. That was all. On this tour, which is the first tour since the album's release, they play one song. If that's not overlooking your new album, I don't know what is!



Fixed.


I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm probably the biggest W.A.S.P. fan here. Seriously. Love 'em. But The Crimson Idol really isn't their best album. Great story, but such a repetative record. This really comes out live. A song ends, the lights go down, the lights come back up and the same riffs starts again. Bor-ing. The encore was enjoyable purely because we finally got to hear some real riffs!

On the plus side the Scotti Hill/Jack Frost hyrbid Doug Blair has really come into his own. He's still no Darrell Roberts, but he's good enough.

This tour really needed a two hour set, which is what their PR rep told me they'd be playing. A full hour of other songs, with more from the new album, especially as they change the stage backdrops to the Dominator cover, would have made it a great show. I love this band, but they're so fucking lazy.

Would you say "Electric Circus" is worth getting?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
3. Those who have realised that
a) Crimson Idol is not their finest work because in reality all the songs have the same riff and the same lyrics
b) The Headless Children is their best album
c) Helldorado blows (this may actually be a feature of all three kinds of W.A.S.P. fans)
d) Unholy Terror, Dominator and Dying For The World are all great albums and are ridiculously overlooked.
e) The Neon God was a desperate attempt at recreating The Crimson Idol. This was mostly obvious because it had all the same riffs and the same lyrics.
If you just change a) to say "Crimson Idol is their best album" and eliminate b), I agree with everything else.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Would you say "Electric Circus" is worth getting?
One of their weaker albums IMO. Definately the weakest of the first 5 or so albums, and a few after that point as well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,882
http://jukebo.cx/archives/2007/11/12/wasp-astoria/
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Would you say "Electric Circus" is worth getting?
Yes, I would. I treat it like The Last Command, with the cheesiness of the debut.

As has been said, it's probably the weakest of the '80s albums, but if you like the first two you'll still enjoy it.

The one to be wary of is KFD. I love it, but it's a very different sound and isn't for everyone.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yes, I would. I treat it like The Last Command, with the cheesiness of the debut.

As has been said, it's probably the weakest of the '80s albums, but if you like the first two you'll still enjoy it.

The one to be wary of is KFD. I love it, but it's a very different sound and isn't for everyone.
What if you loved the first one but thought the second one was awful?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2007, 03:44 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
What if you loved the first one but thought the second one was awful?
I'd say you're nuts because the second one is twice the album the first one is.

That said, Inside The Electric Circus is closer to the first then the second (i.e. it's cheesy nonsense), so you'll probably be alright.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
What if you loved the first one but thought the second one was awful?
I kind of agree, I wouldn't say The Last Command is awful, but I think the debut kicks it's ass.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
w.a.s.p.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008