KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever Rocks View Post
One correction to the list, they played Eyes of A Stranger as their last tune of the regular set after Empire.

It was a great show, typical Queensryche precision and a lot of fun. Great venue as well. From front row center it looked like the sax that Geoff was playing during Welcome to Machine was sampled and he was faking it, but I'm not 100% sure. Wouldn't be the first time that they've sampled some stuff live...

My only complaint, and I know I'll be in the minority here, could they please give NM 156 and Screaming in Digital a break? They have been in every set list (except the OMC tour, obviously) for at least the last four tours. Give me anything off of Promised Land, how about En Force from the Warning, or Right Side of My Mind, Liquid Sky, or anything off of Q2K, which I personally believe is on of their best.

I agree that the covers were great and the overall setlist choices were great...
Hey, thanks for catching that... I knew I was forgetting something!

I'm not really sure why they'd pipe in his sax though... it's not the first time he's played one live Also my experience with the House of Blues is that front row and center is the worst mix in the place... I've seen them four times there, and last night was the first time I wasn't front row and center... instead we opted to hang all the way back by the sound and light guys... the mix was a lot better from back there. Normally I wouldn't go for being so far back, but I was sick like a dog

They haven't played those songs that much though. The last time they were brought out was the Priest tour... but I love those songs, so I'm happy to have them in the set I do like their newer stuff too though. They played "Real World" and "Right Side of My Mind" (and "When The Rain Comes") along with some other Promised Land material when I saw them earlier this year.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Still Ryching after all these years...

I love When the Rain Comes...wish I would've caught that show. Maybe it's that I saw them like 6 or 7 times on the Tribe tour and NM and Screaming were in the set every time. Plus with Dream Theatre, Priest, etc.

Not complaining, just a personal preference. I love it all...

The mix up front was good and I got some killer pics.

Last edited by Whatever Rocks; 09-21-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Tags
queensr˙che