Road to Ruin - The Ramones
God Shuffled His Feet - Crash Test Dummies
Purple Rain - Prince
A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Nermind - Nirvana
Old 01-31-2007, 12:34 PM
N00B

Oops! Crowbar should not say "non-metal" before it. I mistyped. Sorry!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheajr View Post
Oops! Crowbar should not say "non-metal" before it. I mistyped. Sorry!
You can edit your posts if needed and welcome to the board!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:14 PM
N00B

Thanks! I'm going to the Slayer show in Kansas City, Kansas on Saturday nite and will post the setlist on here afterwards.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
I sense a contradiction.
Nice!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Dharma Wants You

Therion's Gothic Kabbalah does something to do me that no other album has ever done. It gives me this wierd feeling, almost like a trip. I don't know, I love the album.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
In Search of Truth

I'm gonna do about 10 only, cause I'm gonna include a short description to each for why I would consider them so special to me... Anyway, these albums would be (in rough time order of when I got them):

Def Leppard - Pyromania - I bought this album in I think 6th grade and played the living hell out of it... at this point I really had no idea what metal was, I was just enjoying hard rock music... Def Leppard became the first band I saw live, shortly thereafter.

Metallica - Metallica - Despite my current personal feelings on the band, this album's place in my personal history cannot be denied. It was the first truly metal thing I ever bought, and at the time it ruled my world, for one reason or another... it opened the door for me exploring other metal

Iron Maiden - Brave New World - The album with which I was truly introduced to Maiden, who have become my favorite band and have been for several years now... I still consider the album one of my favorites and still hold it very very close to my heart

Dio - Holy Diver - Another early metal classic I was introduced to... I still consider Dio one of my favorite artists for his various work, but this album and its follower the Last in Line particularly

Queensryche - Operation : Mindcrime - I don't really feel I need to explain this one too much, most of the people on this board respect the power of this almighty album.

Stratovarius - Visions - The first power metal album I ever bought. When I put this album on I couldn't believe what I was hearing... I fell in love with these guys on the spot, and they remain one of my favorite bands, as this remains my favorite album of theirs by far... well over 3 years later and owning 8 other albums of theirs

Edguy - King of Fools EP - I have a friend with a radio show, who back in February of 2004 played the track "New Age Messiah" off this EP on his show, and the song absolutely blew me away, and I bought the EP the very next day. It's one of the few single purchases I've ever made that I think changed my life. These songs totally amazed me, and even though Edguy have become my 3rd favorite band and I own all but one of their 7 albums, this EP still probably remains my favorite single release of theirs

Symphony X - V: The New Mythology - This probably stands at the top of my list for the weirdest experience I ever had putting on a new album... this album stands as one of the most unique things I'd ever heard at that time, or in the 2 and a half years since. I consider this album a grand and amazing statement of amazing proportions.

Evergrey - Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy - Another band that's become a big favorite of mine... And one that I hold very close due to the personal level of their lyrics... listening to an Evergrey album for me is an emotional journey, and this was how I was introduced to them.

Savatage - Edge of Thorns - Savatage has managed to become my 2nd favorite band for a number a reasons, but I can say that this album is solely responsible for me even getting into them. The first time I ever heard them, I couldn't stand Jon Oliva's voice, so months later I heard about Zach Stevens, and I bought this album as a result. In the time that followed, I was inspired to get the other Zach-era albums, and later even broaden myself to accept Jon Oliva's vocals.

Savatage - Streets - Saddly, I've discovered this album relatively late, or more recently rather, only buying it in the spring of 06... but I can faithfully say that this album has changed my life. Upon my first full listen, I reconsidered my stances on life, death, religion, and all sorts of other stuff too... it also is home to what is without doubt one of my favorite songs, bar none... Believe

Last edited by Maiden33; 02-04-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:24 AM
N00B

Some of mine, most of these really got me in to metal, got me think about issues, and pick up the guitar, say what u want about these albums, i dont care!

Led Zeppelin - IV
The Beatles - please please me
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Dio - Holy Diver
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm
Guns n roses - Apetite for Destruction
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden :
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Kiss - Destroyer
Korn - Untouchables
Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
Metallica - Kill em all
Metallica - Ride the lightning
Metallica - ..And justice for all
Metallica - Master of puppets
Misfits - Earth A.D
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the moon
Pantera - Cowboys from hell
Ramones - ramones
Rancid - And out come the wolves
Red hot chili peppers - Californication
Slayer - Reign in blood
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
The Police - Syncronicity
Trivium - Asscendancy
Van Halen - Van Halen
Old 02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

These albums are pretty much what started my obsession with anything metal. Although, some are not metal, they are just as good, and, at times, better than the metal albums. ENJOY!

Kiss-Destoryer

My first real album. My mom bough it for me for my 13th birthday and I pretty much played the CD to death. It was all I listened to night and day and pretty much solidified KISS as the greatest band in the world in my opinion. Still my favorite album....EVER!

AC/DC-Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

My mom also bought this for me on my 13th birthday and when I wasnt listening to Destroyer, I was listening to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. It introduced me to everything that truly was AC/DC and rock and roll in general. This remains one of my favorite albums of all time.

Iron Maiden-Rock in Rio

The first REAL metal album I ever bought. After hearing about them, I went out and bought the first album I could find. I bought Rock in Rio and was instantly blown away. Never have I been so blown away by a live album. It could be the fact that theres 250,000 people singing along to each song or it could be the fact that its simply Iron Maiden. Whatever the reason. This album rules. DONT FUCK WITH IT!

Black Sabbath-Paranoid

What can be said about this album that hasnt already been said. This album should be mandatory listening for anyone looking to get into metal. One of the best albums ever. Sabbath at its finest.

Metallica-Master Of Puppets

My first Metallica album and still my favorite. This album alone smashes any hope Megadeth ever thought they had of being better than Metallica. I cant listen to this album and skip a song. Its impossible. My second favorite album of all time. Bar none.

Slayer-Reign in Blood

Introduced me to Slayer and to thrash metal in general. This album opened the flood gates for most of the bands I listen to today. If it werent for this album, id have no idea who Anthrax, Exodus, Testament, or any other thrash band for that were. This album owns you.

There you have it. Not many albums. But if I had to choose 6 albums to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be these 6. No doubt about it.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Maiden Canada

Black Sabbath-Master Of Reality

Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti

Metallica-Ride The Lightning

Iron Maiden-Peice Of Mind

Deep Purple-Machine Head

Rush-2112

Ozzy Osbourne-Diary Of A Madman

Slayer-South Of Heaven

Pantera-The Great Southern Trendkill

Megadeth-Rust In Peace

System Of A Down-Toxicty

Rage Against The Machine-Rage Against The Machine

ACDC-Powerage

Dio-Holy Diver

Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime

Helloween-Helloween

Last edited by metal_man1019; 09-24-2007 at 04:31 PM.