Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014

  #51  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:25 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Seriously? I guess I over-did it a little, but honestly: I wouldnt let the Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys into the same room as Dio and Iommi.
I think that both of those bands have written some pretty good stuff, but yeah, to say Heaven and Hell were never even good is pretty much blasphemy.

I can't speak for Wu-Tang because I don't like rap.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Seriously....Those bands you mentioned fucking suck balls.
The first Arcade Fire album and the first Arctic Monkeys album are easily among the best 5 albums to come out in the last 3 years.

But am I surprised that you don't like them? Of course not.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Seriously? I guess I over-did it a little, but honestly: I wouldnt let the Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys into the same room as Dio and Iommi.
Iommi is legendary, of course -- because of the first six Sabbath albums. After Sabotage, the number of good songs he wrote can be counted on one hand.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
The first Arcade Fire album and the first Arctic Monkeys album are easily among the best 5 albums to come out in the last 3 years.

But am I surprised that you don't like them? Of course not.
Okay....lets say I revoke my "they suck fucking balls" statement. How can you possibly say they are better than Black Sabbath/Dio?

Point is-I would rather go to a Heaven and Hell show than an indie-hipster show.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Iommi is legendary, of course -- because of the first six Sabbath albums. After Sabotage, the number of good songs he wrote can be counted on one hand.
Lets say you are right in saying that...The truth still remains, anyone of those first six albums could probably wipe the floor with any of those other bands' discographies.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Okay....lets say I revoke my "they suck fucking balls" statement. How can you possibly say they are better than Black Sabbath/Dio?

Point is-I would rather go to a Heaven and Hell show than an indie-hipster show.
I refer you to my subsequent post, above.

And "indie-hipster"? I guess I would get where you're coming from if the bands were busy acting fashionable and their music sucked... but such is not the case.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Lets say you are right in saying that...The truth still remains, anyone of those first six albums could probably wipe the floor with any of those other bands' discographies.
Too bad not one of those songs is going to appear in a Heaven and Hell set...

I do love me some old Black Sabbath. I also love me some Arcade Fire. They are worlds apart, so I don't know how to even begin to say one is better than the other. And in the end, what's the point?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
You girls need to quit menstruating and listen to some Manowar
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
I refer you to my subsequent post, above.

And "indie-hipster"? I guess I would get where you're coming from if the bands were busy acting fashionable and their music sucked... but such is not the case.
Their music pales in comparision to Heaven and Hell, IMO.

I guess it doesnt really matter. If someone likes Arcade Fire or Arctic Monkeys, then they are going to like them. If someone prefers Heaven and Hell, then they are going to prefer them. Nothing will change that.

I guess its just comparing apples and oranges. Rotten, smelly apples and brilliant, headbangin' oranges.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
You girls need to quit menstruating and listen to some Manowar
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008