Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
yeah the fact that they"ve played the entire AMOLAD album last year proves that :duh:

Yea, I had kind of forgotten about that. Sorry dude.

You keep coming here because I'm super awesome and hilarious!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
To keep the board's biggest Maiden lemming from getting lonely among the pissing and moaning about what was arguably the most popular band on the board?

I noticed in 2005 that there was a SHITLOAD of anti-Maiden sentiment here. Even though it was coming from maybe 3 or 4 people. That's fine and all but's kind of rubbed off on me, and I just don't see Maiden as the same band anymore. Mind you I'm not making excuses, I'm just stating my negativity.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post

You know the history of Maiden here... it largely provides our initial unity but in the face of Ozzfest / Early Days, the board largely spilt. Maiden became division, even among the administrators. Case point: Allan. You remember how big a Maiden fan he was once.. he largely became their greatest critic. Bouville wasn't much friendlier but certainly less militant.
It's pretty goddamn odd. I think i was doing a "threads from the past" check, and I literally remember Allan giving all sorts of praise to Maiden, and I was like ""
Old 06-02-2007, 08:47 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Up The Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

You know what sucks? When a band plays the same songs at every show for years and years and years and years on end. Why can't they play something off 7th Son or SiT? What the fuck is the matter with the fans who keep saying "omg i wanna here notb" have they even listened to the rest of Maiden's discography? Fuck.

I'm not really pissed at the band, just the fans who get all bitchy and snotty when the same washed up classics aren't played at every show. But I guess the band deserves some flak too for giving in to them. Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period. This band has such a huge catalogue to pick from and its a crime to have them just do the same old shit over and over just to please the tasteless fans.

More AMOLAD-style tours please
Old 06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
You know what sucks? When a band plays the same songs at every show for years and years and years and years on end. Why can't they play something off 7th Son or SiT? What the fuck is the matter with the fans who keep saying "omg i wanna here notb" have they even listened to the rest of Maiden's discography? Fuck.

I'm not really pissed at the band, just the fans who get all bitchy and snotty when the same washed up classics aren't played at every show. But I guess the band deserves some flak too for giving in to them. Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period. This band has such a huge catalogue to pick from and its a crime to have them just do the same old shit over and over just to please the tasteless fans.

More AMOLAD-style tours please
CAUGHT. SOMEHWHERE. IN. TIME. (and they have three guitars, so they don't need a fucking PA intro for it anymore).

that is all.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Weirdo from the woods

Where is Prisoner?

Good to see Children Of The Damned in the set, though. Hopefully it will stay there for the rest of their career.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Wrathchild should NEVER be played live ever again, period.
Why? It's 2 minutes long, simple as fuck, fun as fuck, it should be played at EVERY show as far as I'm concerned because one way or another it doesn't cut into the set length at all. They should do what you're saying and mix it up, but I mean taking out a song like Wrathchild doesn't make sense because its such a small portion of the set and is such a great live tune.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Why? It's 2 minutes long, simple as fuck, fun as fuck, it should be played at EVERY show as far as I'm concerned because one way or another it doesn't cut into the set length at all. They should do what you're saying and mix it up, but I mean taking out a song like Wrathchild doesn't make sense because its such a small portion of the set and is such a great live tune.
Wrathchild is a fun little song, but I can't really understand how that one got to be the Killers live staple.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Wrathchild is a fun little song, but I can't really understand how that one got to be the Killers live staple.
Well probably for the reasons I mention, it's short, simple, catchy, energetic, overall its just a perfect live song.

Tags
iron maiden