KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Guitar Hero III Announced...

Source: Team Xbox

Here's the press release:

SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- After warming their amps in the basement garage to rocking sold out shows at Stonehenge, fans of Activision, Inc.'s wildly popular Guitar Hero(TM) franchise will now be able to shred like never before with the next iteration of the game that will be available this fall. The new game will be released on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Wii(TM) video game system from Nintendo.

Turning it up to 11, Guitar Hero fans will channel their inner rock god using Gibson Guitar's Les Paul and Kramer models as the industry standard. In addition, players will experience an incredible number of newly added features and explosive content including a new multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a bevy of exclusive unlockable content and authentic rock venues. Expanded online multiplayer game modes will also allow axe-shredders worldwide to compete head-to-head for true legendary rock status.

While continuing to retain all the key features from their prior legendary performances, fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms, and players can now shred to a killer set list from many of the gnarliest rock songs ever recorded. Delivering more master tracks than ever before, strategic partnerships have been secured with all the major and independent music record labels and publishers to allow unrivaled access to their deep history of music catalogs, along with supplying artists' original recordings for even greater authenticity.

The initial list of face-melting awesomeness includes: * Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones) * Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins) * Sabotage (by Beastie Boys) * The Metal (by Tenacious D) * My Name is Jonas (by Weezer) * Knights of Cydonia (by Muse) * Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss) * School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper) * Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat) * Cult of Personality (by Living Colour) * Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

For the first time ever, Guitar Hero fans will also be able to thrash and burn with new wireless guitar controllers available for each platform. The exclusive Gibson guitars will include innovative features such as removable faceplates that will allow fans to later personalize their guitars and make it their own, and a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience. Gibson Guitar's Les Paul model will be the battle axe of choice, and an industry standard for all rock gods on the Xbox 360(TM), PLAYSTATION(R)3 system, and Wii(TM). After much anticipation, PlayStation(R)2 system fans will also be receiving a new exclusive shape as well, the classic Kramer guitar, also a Gibson brand, popularized by hard rockers and known for its body design, pickups, electronics, and construction for furious finger fretting.

"The development team at Neversoft has been exceptional, and we've been able to incorporate a host of fresh new online and multi-player game play modes, along with exciting content into this version of Guitar Hero that our fans have been asking for. Also, many of the top bands and songs we've tried to get in the past are now on board, and we've definitely got some giant aces in the hole to say the least," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. "In addition, offering a new line of Gibson wireless guitars for each platform is going to truly add to the authentic rock star experience like no other."

The next iteration of Guitar Hero, published by RedOctane(R) and developed by Neversoft, is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero, please visit the dedicated community site http://www.guitarherogame.com/.

HOT DAMN! YES! YES! FUCK YES!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Where all the white women at?

QOTSA announced some of their new songs will be Guitar Hero III

I'm just hopeing for some Clutch on it
Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Dharma Wants You

Thumbs down

The only cool song is the Tenacious D.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
The only awful song is the Tenacious D.
Fixed.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Fixed.
How can you not like that song? It's funny as hell and pretty cool.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Banned Asshole

Dorks
Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Buy a real guitar, ya nerds!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Regretting my username

None of those songs are very good

I do not approve
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
We're dying on the inside