Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Earthshaker Roadshock Tour -- Antwerp, Belgium -- April 27th 2007

First night of this kickass tour.

All Ends

( Couldn't get their setlist )

Machine Men

01. Circus Of Fools
02. No Talk Without The Giant
03. Ghost Of The Seasons
04. Dream & Religion
05. The Shadow Gallery
06. Tyrannize
07. Where I Stand
08. Dying Without A Name
09. The Cardinal Point
10. Scars & Wounds

After Forever

01. Discord
02. Evoke
03. Transitory
04. Pledge I
05. Being Everyone
06. Monolith Of Doubt
07. Digital Deceit
08. Energize Me
09. Come
10. Face Your Demons
11. Equally Destructive
12. Follow In The Cry

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter

Intro
01. Friede Sei Mit Der
02. Du Kleiner Wicht
03. Sehnsuct
04. Barmherzigkeit
05. Erhelle Mein Seele
06. We Will Never Die
07. Die Sonne Scheint
08. Wenn Ich Träume
09. Reitermania
10. Riders On The Storm
11. Ghostriders In The Sky

Tarot

01. Crows Fly Black
02. Traitor
03. Pyre Of Gods
04. Veteran Of Psychic Wars ( Blue Öyster Cult Cover )
05. Before The Skies Come Down
06. Ashes To The Stars
07. Tides
08. Bleeding Dust
09. You

Finntroll

Intro: Gryning
01. Sång
02. Korpens Saga
03. Jaktens Tid
04. Fiskarens Fiende
05. Ormhäxen
06. Ursvamp
07. Nedgång
08. Nattfödd
09. Svartberg
10. Eliytres
11. Slaget Vid Blodsälv
12. Trollhammaren
13. En Maktig Här
14. Det Iskalla Trollblodet
15. Försvinn Du Som Lyser


Why is Tarot's set so small?
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2007, 10:25 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Human_Metal's Avatar
Human_Metal Human_Metal is offline
...and Forevermore our Union will Remain
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 188
Tarot set list really sucks. Very short and it contains (except 1) only of new songs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Metal View Post
Tarot set list really sucks. Very short and it contains (except 1) only of new songs.
Yeah where the hell is Undead Son, Wings Of Darkness, Warhead, and I Rule? I think it's pretty cool that they played Tides though, because it's never been played live before, and it's a really great song.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 PM
ozz3 ozz3 is offline
Weirdo from the woods
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Yeah where the hell is Undead Son, Wings Of Darkness, Warhead, and I Rule? I think it's pretty cool that they played Tides though, because it's never been played live before, and it's a really great song.
Agree. Too short and missing too much of that brilliant material they have made over the years. Can't still see the reason why they are still doing the BÖC-cover ... it's great song but there is so much other stuff they could do. Rider Of The Last Day, Painless, Crawlspace or Live Hard Die Hard would be 100% better choises. And Wings Of Darkness is like their Smoke On The Water or Ace Of Spades ... it must be played!

Machine Men did the stupidest thing in the world when they dropped "Silver Dreams" from their set, that song is dynamite!

Otherwise the setlists are good and I would really like to see that lineup myself. Haven't ever seen All Ends or DAR but I know how good Tarot or Finntroll can get live.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz3 View Post
Agree. Too short and missing too much of that brilliant material they have made over the years. Can't still see the reason why they are still doing the BÖC-cover ... it's great song but there is so much other stuff they could do. Rider Of The Last Day, Painless, Crawlspace or Live Hard Die Hard would be 100% better choises. And Wings Of Darkness is like their Smoke On The Water or Ace Of Spades ... it must be played!

Machine Men did the stupidest thing in the world when they dropped "Silver Dreams" from their set, that song is dynamite!

Otherwise the setlists are good and I would really like to see that lineup myself. Haven't ever seen All Ends or DAR but I know how good Tarot or Finntroll can get live.
I agree with you on all accounts about Tarot. I've been trying to find their sets from the other gigs on this tour to see if they added some songs but I haven't. And you're a lucky bastard if you've seen them live!
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 AM
ozz3 ozz3 is offline
Weirdo from the woods
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
I agree with you on all accounts about Tarot. I've been trying to find their sets from the other gigs on this tour to see if they added some songs but I haven't. And you're a lucky bastard if you've seen them live!
Well, I am Finnish and live in Finland so I have had some of chances to see them live in last couple of years. I don't know if Tarot has released their old albums anywhere outside Finland (expect for Japan, but that's another story) and that could just be the reason for the lack of those gems in the setlist. Crows Fly Back and Suffer Our Pleasures have been released in Germany if I remember right.

And I hope you got the chance to see them too, they are dynamite!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz3 View Post
Well, I am Finnish and live in Finland so I have had some of chances to see them live in last couple of years. I don't know if Tarot has released their old albums anywhere outside Finland (expect for Japan, but that's another story) and that could just be the reason for the lack of those gems in the setlist. Crows Fly Back and Suffer Our Pleasures have been released in Germany if I remember right.

And I hope you got the chance to see them too, they are dynamite!
Wow very cool, yeah I have Suffer Our Pleasures, Crows Fly Black, and For The Glory Of Nothing. I hope I really get to see them live too, but I doubt they'll ever come to America.

Well according to blabbermouth, the entire rest of this tour has been cancelled!
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-07-2007, 10:17 PM
ozz3 ozz3 is offline
Weirdo from the woods
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
Well according to blabbermouth, the entire rest of this tour has been cancelled!
It appears to be true ... this is what Antony from Machine Men wrote in his tour-diary on their website...

Quote:
666 - the last MESSage

Home sweet home

Hello again,
I think this is the most boriest diary ever. I also think the tour wasn't a real tour - felt like in army. We never knew what was happening and where we were going and these rumours were absolutely the worst thing there, and it was the tour manager's fault. He just spred negative feeling and kept saying - "this is fucked up - we are going home". Hmm, he was right, the tour was fucked up and we went home but that same thing last whole week. Almost in every 5 hours we got a new rumour and that ruined the atmosphere. And what was the best part - after the first gig we got information that Swedish band called "All Ends" and Machine Men will be the crew on the tour. We will hit the road without pay and then we should carry the stuff of the all bands - FUCK OFF! I don't understand why they organize this kind of tours... It was absolutely too expencive - too many bands - too small venues (to get money enough) and even the venues would have been sold out - the tour would have rolled in minus budget anyway. I still think about why we took a part on this fucking tour... We lost a change to have a good tour this spring because of that. What have we done wrong that lot of things going upside down...? I saw on those 7 gigs that most of the people didn't have our albums but they liked our music - even the most of the people came to see "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter" and "Finntroll" -then we get this kind of bullshit. Do we deserve this...? I think we deserve better that we could have a change to give our best and everything for people who come to see us. It's not fun to play with bad equipment - without soundchecks and keep all crap on our shoulder and all this FOR FREE. Only thing which worked - was my asshole but it was the same brown shit, you know. I think now you got some kind of a vision about the tour, thank you and good night - we love you all.

Antony
That really sucks!

I feel sorry for the bands and for the fans of course.
__________________
Through the darkness of futures past/ The magician longs to see/ One chants out between two worlds/ Fire Walk With Me
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz3 View Post
It appears to be true ... this is what Antony from Machine Men wrote in his tour-diary on their website...



That really sucks!

I feel sorry for the bands and for the fans of course.
Yeah that's pretty horrible. Shame to see such a great tour cancelled!
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
after forever, die apokalyptischen reiter, finntroll, machine men, tarot

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008