Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 04-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

A Note On The Law & Politics & Being A Dick

Try to keep politics off the board. Just don't let it get out of hand and most importantly -- don't be a dick.

"Don't be a dick." That summarizes the Law. It's not hard, even for metal people. Discussing politics and religion does not violate the Law. We're a small community and people want to talk about things. That's ok. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. That said, I don't want either politics or religion to become major topics; this is a fucking metal board. Most of you have been around and have a feel for our community here. 'Nuff said.

Being a dick in heated discussions does violate the Law. Don't like a thread topic? Don't read it. If you have a problem with a member, a post, or a thread... PM me or another admin. You can also use the reporting mechanism in each post. In short: You're all reasonably free to express your opinions, but mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated. If you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively. Do not bring race, religion, or sexuality into any argument. You don't necessarily have to be 100% politically correct, but blatant hatred will not be tolerated. Don't be a dick.

There are times we (the admins) are going to close threads down or outright delete thread for whatever reason. The Law: Forum Leaders are free to delete anything or ban anyone that they are not happy having on the board. People who consistently post threads which we have to delete will be considered dicks and thus banned.

To sum up the Law: don't be a dick or a hooligan.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

FYI: I was trying to keep the peace. and I asked a mod ahead of time to lock up my thread ahead of time so as not to start another argument.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Did anyone violate the law? Although recent discussions did get a little emphatic at times, I don't recall anything approaching "mindless bashing" or "blatant hatred."
Old 04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned Asshole

Let's be reasonable and carry on. But if anybody tells me to leave the country for my political ideas again I will be really pissed this time, nor even Pavo has ever done that and we have had extremely heated political discussions

It is all good... sometimes these discussions spice up the board. Pavo is just trying to keep things calm and I support him.

Now all of you should listen to Mayhem and get ready for the next political discussion
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Did anyone violate the law? Although recent discussions did get a little emphatic at times, I don't recall anything approaching "mindless bashing" or "blatant hatred."
Nope, but I guess Pavo is just giving a word of advice and I think that is fine.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Nope, but I guess Pavo is just giving a word of advice and I think that is fine.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
But if anybody tells me to leave the country for my political ideas again I will be really pissed this time

who said that?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
who said that?
I think he is talking about me, though I dont think he knows that: a) I wasnt talking to him or b) I was joking

Oh well.