Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014

  #11  
Old 04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
But basically, the gist is this:

There was a dig in a place in the Andes called "the Wacheqsa Sector at Chavín de Huántar." Based on the dig, we have identified five distinct areas within the sector, each with its own function for the people who lived there. Among these areas were waste dumps, social spaces with lots of buildings, and these weird platforms. The people here continued to develop their settlement over 700 years, between 1200 and 500 BC, with most of the work taking place over the last 400 years: to complete the bulk of work on the Temple and to make Janabarriu ceramics.

Scattered around in these areas we found a lot of pottery we didn't expect because it doesn't fall into the recognized style of the people who lived there. But why? We think it's because, for various reasons, people from areas surrounding this sector mixed with these people and brought their own pottery styles here. This paper is about why and how that happened.


Is that correct?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Julio C. Tello: Theory and Practice in Andean Archaeology

The present paper intends to elaborate a theoretical analysis of the anthropological and archaeological thought of Julio C. Tello, additionally the relationship between him and the government of Augusto B. Leguía will be discussed. Four key works will be analyzed: Wira Kocha (1923), Antiguo Perú, Primera Época (1929), Origen y Desarrollo de las Civilizaciones Prehistóricas Andinas (1942) and The Discovery of the Chavín Culture in Perú (1943).

Already published this year.
Nice.

So you're all about these Chavín dudes in Peru, eh?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
But basically, the gist is this:

There was a dig in a place in the Andes called "the Wacheqsa Sector at Chavín de Huántar." Based on the dig, we have identified five distinct areas within the sector, each with its own function for the people who lived there. Among these areas were waste dumps, social spaces with lots of buildings, and these weird platforms. The people here continued to develop their settlement over 700 years, between 1200 and 500 BC, with most of the work taking place over the last 400 years: to complete the bulk of work on the Temple and to make Janabarriu ceramics.

Scattered around in these areas we found a lot of pottery we didn't expect because it doesn't fall into the recognized style of the people who lived there. But why? We think it's because, for various reasons, people from areas surrounding this sector mixed with these people and brought their own pottery styles here. This paper is about why and how that happened.


Is that correct?
Do you want to be my agent?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:03 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I'm working on a science fiction novel trilogy but I'm really lazy about it and right now its just 10 half assed chapters and a shit load of notes.
I understand.

I have my drafts and notes for my 20 page epic poem based on the song "Children of the Damned" buried in a stack of papers here on the desk somewhere.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Do you want to be my agent?



Since when do anthropologists need agents?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Nice.

So you're all about these Chavín dudes in Peru, eh?
Yep, that's my research area. My dissertation title is "Intrasite spatial organization in sites with complex stratigraphy: The Wacheqsa Sector at Chavin de Huantar"

Last edited by Bouville; 04-08-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
"Intrasite spacial organization in sites with complex stratigraphy"


Wow.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post



Since when do anthropologists need agents?
Have you seen "Digging The Truth"? That guy makes a lot of money, has an Anthropology BA from Cornell but is dumber that any whiny teenager from this board.

I can't believe I was talked into being part of that show
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Have you seen "Digging The Truth"? That guy makes a lot of money, has an Anthropology BA from Cornell but is dumber that any whiny teenager from this board.

I can't believe I was talked into being part of that show
Nope, never heard of it. You were involved?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
I understand.

I have my drafts and notes for my 20 page epic poem based on the song "Children of the Damned" buried in a stack of papers here on the desk somewhere.

Good choice of song. I think Maiden's "The Legacy" would also make a cool poem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008