Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 AM
In Search of Truth

I agree on the tuning issue. I really don't see the point for the most part, especially when bands take old songs and change the tunings on them.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I agree on the tuning issue. I really don't see the point for the most part, especially when bands take old songs and change the tunings on them.
One of these days I need to but up a blog explaining why that shit is wrong.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
One of these days I need to but up a blog explaining why that shit is wrong.
Yeah. Evergrey bothers me because I've not been too fond of their newer stuff because it's very down-tuned, but I loved their old stuff (first 3 albums) which were never tuned down (if so, no more than Drop D or maybe a whole step), but recently, they've been digging out old songs and playing them again... down-tuned.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah. Evergrey bothers me because I've not been too fond of their newer stuff because it's very down-tuned, but I loved their old stuff (first 3 albums) which were never tuned down (if so, no more than Drop D or maybe a whole step), but recently, they've been digging out old songs and playing them again... down-tuned.
See, I don't mind if a band plays in a specific tuning, as long as they replicate that live. But if a band plays in a different tuning then they usually do on a new album, and then decide to downtune everything, its just...uggghghgh! Why is it people have to downtune everything when they change keys with a new album!? It's not like it requires different fingering right? Isn't shit like this the reason guitar techs are used on tour? Dammit, shit like this is gonna make me wanna kick Glenn Tipton in the balls if I finally meet him (amongst other guitar players).

Tags
heaven and hell