Summer Slaughter -- Knoxville, TN -- July 31st, 2014
Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

I think that's a GREAT Heaven & Hell setlist, I am extremely pleased, especially that they are apparently doing "Lonely Is The Word" as a second encore too but Ronnie announced they couldn't last night due to curfew, so they'll probably get all that squared away. Strange opener though, they should flip "After All (The Dead)" with "The Mob Rules", that makes infinitely more sense (plus that would be my choice opener anyways, "Neon Knights" is a better encore song than to open a show with). And, as I hoped, they picked the best songs from Dehumanizer

You guys shouldn't bitch about them doing the 3 new ones, it was known all along that would be the case, no shock. I wish they wouldn't (in fact, I wish they never even recorded those songs ) and instead hit up some "Country Girl", "Turn Up The Night", and "Over And Over" in their place, but whatever.

As for the Megadeth set, I am pleased at only 2 new songs, but "A Tout Le Monde" and "Trust" need to go. How about "Set The World Afire" and "In My Darkest Hour" instead? Thank God they kept "Wake Up Dead" though, that one was on the cutting board in my mind, otherwise no surpries. "Back In The Day" would be an appropiate fill-in for "Kick The Chair" too I believe, and would also be cooler since they didn't play it on Gigantour.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post

You guys shouldn't bitch about them doing the 3 new ones, it was known all along that would be the case, no shock. I wish they wouldn't (in fact, I wish they never even recorded those songs ) and instead hit up some "Country Girl"
Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Hail the riff and stick Master Of Insanity and Buried Alive up yer ass

Seriously how can you not like that main riff?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Hail the riff and stick Master Of Insanity and Buried Alive up yer ass

Seriously how can you not like that main riff?
Black Sabbath should not write about "Country Girls." If you can't grasp that concept, you should be forced to listen to the Rolling Stones and Bob Marley non-stop for a week.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Black Sabbath should not write about "Country Girls." If you can't grasp that concept, you should be forced to listen to the Rolling Stones and Bob Marley non-stop for a week.
Listen to the goddamn riff and STFU Dio has written WAAAAY more stupid lyrics than that, from songs that you even like. Case in point: Ronnie James Dio should not write about anything relating to "Naked in the Rain". That doesn't change the fact that its a good song.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Also, as a side note, the obligatory drum solo needs to be cut. Vinny Appice isn't gonna blow anybody away, and obviously there's room for at least another song in that spot.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Snakes & Arrows

I'm extremely happy about that setlist...Megadeth's and Down's is great too. Going to be a fucking awesome evening next week!!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
I'm extremely happy about that setlist...Megadeth's and Down's is great too. Going to be a fucking awesome evening next week!!
Down should play the U.S dates, fuck Machine Head.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Snakes & Arrows

Quote:
Down should play the U.S dates, fuck Machine Head.
I really do feel bad for you guys. I just got into them last month, and they are amazing. Hopefully they'll do a headlining tour soon after their new album is released.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
I really do feel bad for you guys. I just got into them last month, and they are amazing. Hopefully they'll do a headlining tour soon after their new album is released.
Yup, Down kills. You should check out Kirk and Jimmy's other bands too if you haven't already (i.e. Crowbar, The Mystic Krewe Of Clearlight, Corrosion Of Conformity, and the mighty EyeHateGod).

Tags
down, heaven and hell, megadeth