Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
I love Mastodon, but as I told ADD yesterday, I wouldn't see this tour if it passed me 80 times.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
I love Mastodon, but as I told ADD yesterday, I wouldn't see this tour if it passed me 80 times.
Yeah....Seeing Mastodon has been cool....but a third time would be a little tiring....and if the Converge fans were fucking assholes, then I cant begin to imagine all the freaks and jerks that would come to see Cursive and Against Me.

FACT: Punk and Hardcore fans are assholes.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
FACT: Punk and Hardcore fans are assholes.
Oh please.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Yeah....Seeing Mastodon has been cool....but a third time would be a little tiring....and if the Converge fans were fucking assholes, then I cant begin to imagine all the freaks and jerks that would come to see Cursive and Against Me.

FACT: Punk and Hardcore fans are assholes.
I've seen Against Me! live I think three times, I will not put myself through that again.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Oh please.
Most of them are hormonal teen numbskulls that think they are angry at something...

Nothing compared to the fans at Metal Crusaders or In Flames
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Why do they always like playing here on weeknights?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Most of them are hormonal teen numbskulls that think they are angry at something...
This describes 99% of everyone I've seen at a metal show.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
This describes 99% of everyone I've seen at a metal show.
What kind of metal shows do you go to? I rarely see a ton of kids when I've gone to shows in general, and they never even make up the majority, and if I do see them they don't seem to fit that description.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,983
Well, that was an exaggeration, but I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. There's just as many cool people at punk shows as there are at metal shows. I just think some people have a built-in bias against punk, and therefore only see things through blinders.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:47 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Well, that was an exaggeration, but I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. There's just as many cool people at punk shows as there are at metal shows. I just think some people have a built-in bias against punk, and therefore only see things through blinders.
The music sucks...how about that?

And I dont go to metal shows to be a jackass to everyone around me. I will enjoy myself whilst enjoying the music, but I dont want some kid pumping his sweaty arms over my head, occasionally hitting me, while singing some dipshit lyrics, and trying with all his might to get the rail spot that I have had the whole fucking show, no matter who he hurts or steps on along the way...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008