Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Old 02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Dharma Wants You

Slayer -- Orlando, FL -- February 23rd, 2007

Okay here's my review of last nights show.

Pre-Show

Me and my friend got to the House of Blues a little later than we had wanted, but were still right at the front of the line. We met up with my girlfriend and her friends and waited for about two hours and the doors finally opened. Our plan was for my friend to go grab us shirts from the merch stand, and for me to secure a spot on the rail for us. The Slayer shirts were $35.00 and up, and I'm a little tight on money right now, so I didn't get one. The shirts were really bad-ass though, my friend and girlfriend got one. After maybe an hour of waiting, Unearth hit the stage.

Unearth

Well the lights dimmed and the PA started blasting their intro. It was a song from the pirates of the carribean score, and I recognized it immediatly. That was the highlight of their set for me. Then Unearth came on and went right into it. I wasn't impressed by them at all, but some of the crowd seemed to enjoy them. One thing I have to say though, their guitar player is the stupidest fucking guy I've ever seen. I wanted to run onstage and drop-kick him in the head. He would do push-ups mid-song, then get up and flex his 'muscles' and try and act like a total bad-ass but he was totally lame. If anyone has seen them on this tour (or ever) they'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway here's the set they played. I'm pretty sure it's correct but probably out of order.

Intro: Some song from POTC (can't think of the exact name right now)
01. Giles
02. The Great Dividers
03. Endless
04. March Of The Mutes
05. Sanctity Of Brothers
06. Zombie Autopilot
07. This Time Was Mine
08. Black Hearts Now Reign

Slayer

As soon as Unearth left the stage, the " SLAYER! SLAYER! SLAYER! " chants began. The unveiled the huge, awesome as hell, Christ Illusion backdrop, and started soundchecking the guitars. About thirty minutes later the lights when out and ' Darkness Of Christ ' came on over the PA. As soon as that main riff to ' Disciple ' kicked in, the crowd went apeshit. The entire show was a mad house. Crwod surfers left and right, moshing pits everywhere, everyone headbanging, it was absolutely awesome. It's such as rush, constantly being battered around while headbanging and screaming along, I can't really describe it. It was great to see all the old-school thrash veterans in there. During ' Bloodline ' this guy, musta been in his late 40's saw me headbangin' and screaming along grabbed me and was like ' That's right man! That's fucking right! ' and he started screamin' along too. It's great that a band can unite people of so many generations. After the show me and my friend both caught picks from Kerry and started headin' home. This was not the first time I've seen Slayer, but it was definitely the best.

Intro: Darkness Of Christ
01. Disciple
02. War Ensemble
03. Jihad
04. Die By The Sword
05. Captor Of Sin
06. Cult
07. Bloodline
08. Mandatory Suicide
09. Seasons In The Abyss
10. Supremist
11. Eyes Of The Insane
12. Postmortem
13. Silent Scream
14. Dead Skin Mask
15. Raining Blood
-------------------------------
16. South Of Heaven
17. Angel Of Death

Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Great review man, FUCKIN SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Complete tool

FUCK I MISSED SLAYER LAST NIGHT. I'm in Orlando right now.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
N00B

Right on, man! I could not agree with you more about Unearth's guitarist. Personally, I liked their music and had been really looking forward to seeing and hearing them since they are a Boston band, which is my hometown. However, his antics were extremely annoying. Especially when he kept arching his head back and spitting high into the air and catching it in his mouth. What was the point to that?!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheajr View Post
Right on, man! I could not agree with you more about Unearth's guitarist. Personally, I liked their music and had been really looking forward to seeing and hearing them since they are a Boston band, which is my hometown. However, his antics were extremely annoying. Especially when he kept arching his head back and spitting high into the air and catching it in his mouth. What was the point to that?!
Yeah he was pretty annoying, haha. Glad to see someone else on here knows what I'm talking about. And yeah I remember the spitting thing, haha.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
N00B

Unearth's guitarist didn't do push-ups or flex his muscles at the February 9th show but one of them, can't remember which one, did a beer bong during their set. Was Unearth the only opening act? What about Thine Eyes Bleed? Are they no longer on the tour?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Canadian View Post
Unearth's guitarist didn't do push-ups or flex his muscles at the February 9th show but one of them, can't remember which one, did a beer bong during their set. Was Unearth the only opening act? What about Thine Eyes Bleed? Are they no longer on the tour?
Yeah he did the beer bong thing at my show as well. Unearth was the opening band, as far as I know Thine Eyes Bleed aren't on the tour anymore.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
As soon as that main riff to ' Disciple ' kicked in, the crowd went apeshit. The entire show was a mad house. Crwod surfers left and right, moshing pits everywhere, everyone headbanging, it was absolutely awesome. It's such as rush, constantly being battered around while headbanging and screaming along, I can't really describe it. It was great to see all the old-school thrash veterans in there. During ' Bloodline ' this guy, musta been in his late 40's saw me headbangin' and screaming along grabbed me and was like ' That's right man! That's fucking right! ' and he started screamin' along too.

Thus, why you wouldn't catch me dead or alive at a Slayer show.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Old 03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

Tags
slayer, unearth