Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Oh of course. But this country is something along the lines of 80% white, and the amount is even higher in terms of people in power, so it's only natural that white people are purveying MOST of the racism.
To blame the entire mishappenings of one race on another is very racism, in itself. I dont know any white person that has held back a minority, personally.

What about the poor, uneducated white people? The rednecks, if you will. Who do they have to blame for their problems? Many steps can be made to ensure minorities 'overcome', a few of which are finishing high school, staying out of violence and drugs, using money for productive means instead of pimping out cars and clothes, stop killing each other, etc...That may sound really racist, but I have been to Dayton, Ohio...the closest thing to slums in my area, and all those things stand out to me.

The same person that is rollin on 20s and pimping new 100 dollar AndOnes by day, is breaking into houses and stealing copper pipes and furnaces at night.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Oh of course. But this country is something along the lines of 80% white, and the amount is even higher in terms of people in power, so it's only natural that white people are purveying MOST of the racism.
What exactly is your point is making an assertion that "white people are the problem"? Can you imagine the fury that would come on the person who posted "black/brown/yellow/youchoose people are the problem?" Is it even helpful in furthering debate? Does everything have to be about race?

In any case, the racism of the majority does not justify the racism of the minority.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post

In any case, the racism of the majority does not justify the racism of the minority.
amen
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
To blame the entire mishappenings of one race on another is very racism, in itself. I dont know any white person that has held back a minority, personally.
That's because the problems that hold back minorities are not caused by individuals, it's caused by a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
What about the poor, uneducated white people? The rednecks, if you will. Who do they have to blame for their problems? Many steps can be made to ensure minorities 'overcome', a few of which are finishing high school, staying out of violence and drugs, using money for productive means instead of pimping out cars and clothes, stop killing each other, etc...That may sound really racist, but I have been to Dayton, Ohio...the closest thing to slums in my area, and all those things stand out to me.

The same person that is rollin on 20s and pimping new 100 dollar AndOnes by day, is breaking into houses and stealing copper pipes and furnaces at night.
Now you're out of line and falling back on ridiculous stereotypes. Get out of here with that shit.

Ed, racism towards whites does not result in white people being oppressed on a scale that affects their overall status. It's not the same.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
This doesn't tell the whole story. You may not know but it happens. Racism has been a problem in the US and still is. But than again, it is also a massive problem in the world at large. The US leads the world on many fronts but not this one.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 PM

I'll definitely agree that America is not the most racist country in the world by a long shot. But, since we pride ourselves on being the land of the free where all men are created equal, you'd think we'd be doing a lot better than we really are.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Ed, racism towards whites does not result in white people being oppressed on a scale that affects their overall status. It's not the same.
CoS brushed up against a decent point but didn't quite get there. Poor... Uneducated... Lack of social grace... there are substantial portions of the the "white" population that get oppressed. The system works these folks over as much as any minority. I'm not mitigating the issues at hand but the Man steps on everyone.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
CoS brushed up against a decent point but didn't quite get there. Poor... Uneducated... Lack of social grace... there are substantial portions of the the "white" population that get oppressed. The system works these folks over as much as any minority. I'm not mitigating the issues at hand but the Man steps on everyone.
You're right. There are a lot of poor, uneducated whites in this country. But my point was that racism towards whites is not the root cause or even a factor in those cases, simply because whites hold the power.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You're right. There are a lot of poor, uneducated whites in this country. But my point was that racism towards whites is not the root cause or even a factor in those cases, simply because whites hold the power.
Does it really matter that the oppression is not based on race? Oppression is oppression. Does it really matter whether it's racial, religious, or .... do you remember that Star Trek with the alien that is black on the one, white on the other.. and there's the alien (colors in reverse on the other alien) who wants to fight him because they're? Elbonia? Racisim is just an excuse for oppression. What's more important the racism or the oppression?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Now you're out of line and falling back on ridiculous stereotypes. Get out of here with that shit.
Perhaps, but go to any slum, ghetto, crib, or urban setting, and tell me I am 100% wrong. I'm not racist; both Bill Cosby and Chris Rock has said the same thing, and they are black. These are merely social observations.

To quote Brad, there wouldnt be stereotypes if there werent people to fulfill them.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 02-20-2007 at 03:03 AM.