Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
We really aren't doing that goddamned much in Africa, so don't try to make America look like Superman.

And sixty year old sex slavery cases are not international crises.

</end>
I'm not trying to make America look amazing. I am trying to play devil's advocate: Should America just keep sending food to Africa? Or should we be doing more? Less?

Where does self-interest end, and our duties as HUMANS to provide humanitarian support to other HUMANS begin?

Sixty Year old sex slavery cases may not be international crises right now, but back in the 40s and 50s (when it should have been dealt with) dont you think the kidnapping, prostituting, and raping of that many people would have been a big deal? It is not a problem now, and Congress is wasting time and money......
Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I'm not trying to make America look amazing. I am trying to play devil's advocate: Should America just keep sending food to Africa? Or should we be doing more? Less?

Where does self-interest end, and our duties as HUMANS to provide humanitarian support to other HUMANS begin?

Sixty Year old sex slavery cases may not be international crises right now, but back in the 40s and 50s (when it should have been dealt with) dont you think the kidnapping, prostituting, and raping of that many people would have been a big deal? It is not a problem now, and Congress is wasting time and money.....
That's all I was really getting at. So ta-da.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Regretting my username

The 79th, 80th, and 81st Congresses should have dealt with this, not the 110th
Old 02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
That's all I was really getting at. So ta-da.
fine, we agree

the other parts of my posts are directed to Mike
Old 02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:

Sixty Year old sex slavery cases may not be international crises right now, but back in the 40s and 50s (when it should have been dealt with) dont you think the kidnapping, prostituting, and raping of that many people would have been a big deal?
We were kind of at war with japan while it was happening.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
We were kind of at war with japan while it was happening.
I know....and?
Old 02-19-2007, 05:39 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
fine, we agree

the other parts of my posts are directed to Mike

I was waiting for you to post in this thread, and I can see you're just dying for my responce.

Look, this country really needs to get its' shit together, and until we do that we can't possibly even consider going around playing world police. We have an economy thats slowly deteriorating (compare the value of the dollar in 2001 to the value of it today), our army is on the other side of the planet, our boarders are wide open for anyone who wants to take a short desert stroll, alot of people are fed up with the government, and we aren't viewed kindly by many other countries... I'd say that a 60 year old inciddent between china and japan is at the bottom of our list of shit to fix. Also, how can you expect to help someone else when you can't even manage yourself. If america is to play the role of helper then we need to make sure we are at full strength so we have the proper resources to help with.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:40 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I was waiting for you to post in this thread, and I can see you're just dying for my responce.

Look, this country really needs to get its' shit together, and until we do that we can't possibly even consider going around playing world police. We have an economy thats slowly deteriorating (compare the value of the dollar in 2001 to the value of it today), our army is on the other side of the planet, our boarders are wide open for anyone who wants to take a short desert stroll, alot of people are fed up with the government, and we aren't viewed kindly by many other countries... I'd say that a 60 year old inciddent between china and japan is at the bottom of our list of shit to fix. Also, how can you expect to help someone else when you can't even manage yourself. If america is to play the role of helper then we need to make sure we are at full strength so we have the proper resources to help with.
Congratulations, you're objectivist!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I agree with you on most of that, we have alot of shit to do, and these nonbinding resolutions do nothing. This particular one is a waste, and all the ones that the Dems pass do NOTHING AT ALL.

Thats why we elected the Democrats into Congress, to fix our problems..But they wont close the borders because they will lose the 'hispanic vote', they wont bring the troops home for god knows why, and I dont even know what will fix the economy, though the Dow Jones has been rising for a while now.

Hope is lost, everything is lost.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Congratulations, you're objectivist!
i was just pointing that out for those who think we need to be some sort of global salvation army, my own opinions werent included in that post