Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Who even cares what Tim Hardaway thinks
Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
That's cause if the headline read "A drunken John Doe uses anti semitic language" noone would care, but seeing "Mel Gibson" in the title will sell more newspapers.
exactly.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Hearts I Rip?

Cool

I don't mind gays, but I see where he's coming from. Any time you're in a team, unity is number one. There can not be any animosity between teammates of any sort, otherwise you're doomed to lose.

A gay player in the locker room would make teammates (i.e. Tim Hardaway) supremely uncomfortable. And anytime there's this lack of harmony in the locker room because some John Amaechi is busy staring at the cock of the backup small forward, that teammate needs to consider showering alone.

Imagine if you were in a team of fit, toned girls. It would be hard to keep your dick in place wouldn't it? That's most likely the mentality of a gay athlete - the sweaty, muscular guys turn them on as much as Brazilian Beach Volleyballers turn us on.

Gay athletes are unfortunately a no-no. I'm all for gay marriage and pride and stuff, but there's a line you have to draw. If I saw a teammate checking out my hefty package, I would feel awkward, and it would affect my performance in the game.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 AM
We're dying on the inside

It just isn't right...I don't care what his views are, he shouldn't so blatantly say them, and without regret. I mean, I'm all for his free speech but he crossed a line of political correctness with what he said. Hell, I don't like being PC, but he didn't attempt to make it funny, he just spewed pure hate. Fuck him.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Just because your views are protected by free speech doesn't mean your job security is.

Exhibit A: Kramer.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Here's my take: If want to hate gay people, fine. You can live with the fact that you're a bigoted asshole. But keep that little nugget of info to yourself, or at least don't announce it on a fucking radio show. I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it if he said "gay people make me uncomfortable" or "I don't approve of or agree with their lifestyle." But he didn't say that, he said flat-out "I hate gay people," and said that if he knew someone on his team was gay, he would try to get them kicked off the team. Fuck this guy.
I'm glad he said it. Bigots these days tend to wrap their bigotry up in nice, polite phrases, and that makes it too easy for people to think that we're all one big happy tolerant society. And therefore it's easy for them to think, why do we need this gay pride parade, and why do I have to keep hearing about people coming out of the closet, and aren't anti-discrimination laws really just anti-Christian bigotry?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelripper View Post
I don't mind gays, but I see where he's coming from. Any time you're in a team, unity is number one. There can not be any animosity between teammates of any sort, otherwise you're doomed to lose.

A gay player in the locker room would make teammates (i.e. Tim Hardaway) supremely uncomfortable. And anytime there's this lack of harmony in the locker room because some John Amaechi is busy staring at the cock of the backup small forward, that teammate needs to consider showering alone.

Imagine if you were in a team of fit, toned girls. It would be hard to keep your dick in place wouldn't it? That's most likely the mentality of a gay athlete - the sweaty, muscular guys turn them on as much as Brazilian Beach Volleyballers turn us on.

Gay athletes are unfortunately a no-no. I'm all for gay marriage and pride and stuff, but there's a line you have to draw. If I saw a teammate checking out my hefty package, I would feel awkward, and it would affect my performance in the game.
Once upon a time, a very similar argument would have been made about keeping black athletes out of the locker room, because of all the discontent they would sow among their white teammates. The problem here is not the black person, or the gay person -- it's the bigot.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm with Nick, now that I've read all the posts. Saying anything but the word "hate" would have been preferable.

Goddamn him for being on the cover of NBA Live '98!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I'm with Nick, now that I've read all the posts. Saying anything but the word "hate" would have been preferable.

Goddamn him for being on the cover of NBA Live '98!
You buy sports games?

------------------
On the subject of anti-discrimination laws... NO! Never should there ever be a law passed to limit what a person can say. Let society shun biggotry, but it is by all means NOT the governments job to do it.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
You buy sports games?

------------------
On the subject of anti-discrimination laws... NO! Never should there ever be a law passed to limit what a person can say. Let society shun biggotry, but it is by all means NOT the governments job to do it.
Actually, just NBA Live almost every year

----

Agreed.