Grindcore Fest -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 12th, 2014
Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Old 02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
N00B

Tim Hardaway, rectally speaking

With his recent homophobic comments as an exception, I always thought of this athlete as quite a pretty funny, gifted human being. Especially appealing I think were his years as a part of the Golden State Warriors...wispy comments such as "I got skills!" and his "killer crosscrossover" move with Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin.

Anyone here forgive him foir speaking his heart the other day?
Anyone accept his apology? Anyone offended?

Anyone think he'd be a welcome attendee at a Maiden concert? I feel that Maiden fans would be pretty open to having a bruddah at enjoy the show.

Although as an actuality, the Miaden show Hot Turkey Ed and I went to at the Shoreline a few years ago there weren't many brothers in attendance.

In my opinion, we should applaud the newspapers for making a few more advertising dollars by executing this story. And in general, we shouldn't pay much attention to has-been athletes' opinions. After all, who really should care about what an athlete thinks about society? All I wanna do is watch them play, and congratulate them for joining a union that pays such good retirement benefits. Sheesh.
Mickster
Old 02-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I think he should have kept his bigoted mouth shut.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Regretting my username

I didnt hear about it
Old 02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

While I unarguably support the right to free speech, I personally don't think his comment was a wise career move.

But like you said, he's just an athlete, people shouldn't be making such a big deal about it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
While I unarguably support the right to free speech, I personally don't think his comment was a wise career move.

But like you said, he's just an athlete, people shouldn't be making such a big deal about it.
well...Mel Gibson is just an actor and director...what about his right to say things about Jews and such?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Here's my take: If want to hate gay people, fine. You can live with the fact that you're a bigoted asshole. But keep that little nugget of info to yourself, or at least don't announce it on a fucking radio show. I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it if he said "gay people make me uncomfortable" or "I don't approve of or agree with their lifestyle." But he didn't say that, he said flat-out "I hate gay people," and said that if he knew someone on his team was gay, he would try to get them kicked off the team. Fuck this guy.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
well...Mel Gibson is just an actor and director...what about his right to say things about Jews and such?

The beauty of being an American citizen is that you are free to speak your mind on whatever stance about whatever issue you want to speak about. So yes, Gibson should be able to say things about Jews if he wants without fear of going to jail or whatever... how you will be treated by society afterwards is a different issue though.

And here's the story on Hadaway: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17160685/
Old 02-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Here's my take: If want to hate gay people, fine. You can live with the fact that you're a bigoted asshole. But keep that little nugget of info to yourself, or at least don't announce it on a fucking radio show. I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it if he said "gay people make me uncomfortable" or "I don't approve of or agree with their lifestyle." But he didn't say that, he said flat-out "I hate gay people," and said that if he knew someone on his team was gay, he would try to get them kicked off the team. Fuck this guy.
I would never want to be involved in/or around any homosexual activity, but I dont have a problem with gay people...and I certainly wouldnt go out of my way to have them kicked off my team...This guy is a jackass.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
The beauty of being an American citizen is that you are free to speak your mind on whatever stance about whatever issue you want to speak about. So yes, Gibson should be able to say things about Jews if he wants without fear of going to jail or whatever... how you will be treated by society afterwards is a different issue though.

And here's the story on Hadaway: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17160685/
It's completely idiotic how the media tears about a famous person when they say something stupid...there are FAR more extreme cases of bigotry in America.....Mel Gibson's story should have said "Drunken man says regrettable things."
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
It's completely idiotic how the media tears about a famous person when they say something stupid...there are FAR more extreme cases of bigotry in America.....Mel Gibson's story should have said "Drunken man says regrettable things."
That's cause if the headline read "A drunken John Doe uses anti semitic language" noone would care, but seeing "Mel Gibson" in the title will sell more newspapers.