Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

  #41  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Whitesnake, glam.
False.

Listen to "Wings of the Storm", "Sailing Ships", or many other songs and you will see what I mean. Whitesnake isn't necessarily metal, moreso melodic hard rock, but they are by no means a glam band.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:38 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
False.

Listen to "Wings of the Storm", "Sailing Ships", or many other songs and you will see what I mean. Whitesnake isn't necessarily metal, moreso melodic hard rock, but they are by no means a glam band.
I agree. No way Whitesnake is glam.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Whitesnake falls under the same category as Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, whatever category that is.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-29-2006, 06:34 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
I will defend to the death my opinion that Converge is metal. I mean, yeah, at heart they're a hardcore band, but you can't listen to shit like "No Heroes" and "To the Lions" and say they're not at least partially a metal band.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-29-2006, 07:53 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I will defend to the death my opinion that Converge is metal. I mean, yeah, at heart they're a hardcore band, but you can't listen to shit like "No Heroes" and "To the Lions" and say they're not at least partially a metal band.
while I dont like Converge very much, I agree
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Whitesnake falls under the same category as Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, whatever category that is.
"classic rock" I think it's now known as, was just rock n' roll back in the day. other bands for this category are def leppard, pink floyd, the who, ac/dc, rolling stones, van halen, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
"classic rock" I think it's now known as, was just rock n' roll back in the day. other bands for this category are def leppard, pink floyd, the who, ac/dc, rolling stones, van halen, etc.
I can't say I'm comfortable putting Whitesnake in the same genre as most of all those bands. To me Whitesnake should be held along bands such as Deep Purple and Rainbow. To me Whitesnake shouldn't be considered "classic rock"... to me the term "Melodic hard rock" gets the point across perfectly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008