The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 12-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
It's not that hard to figure that out, soon as you see SOAD on a list for "Ultimate Metal Bands"
amen to that....
Old 12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
It's not that hard to figure that out, soon as you see SOAD on a list for "Ultimate Metal Bands"
This is true.

But it's just absurd. ACDC were a generic rock band that made less than 10 original songs in their entire career, and just duplicated and duplicated them, even though they weren't all that great and innovative in the first place. The vocals are attrocious, and the band is basically a completely overblown cliche. Oooh let's sing about hell, women, and rock and roll!!!!!
Masterplan on the other hand is one hell of a melodic/power metal band that has released 2 BRILLIANT albums, and has what I expect to be their best yet on the way... Out of this world vocals, great songwriting, and killer musicianship... not to mention, they're actually a serious band.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
N00B

Iron Maiden

Dio

System Of A Down/Amorphis

Dream Theater

Stratovarius
Motorhead

Pink Floyd

Tool

Blaze

Led Zeppelin

Megadeth

Testament

Queensryche

Helloween

Black Sabbath

Children of Bodom

Last edited by zanthir; 12-19-2006 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Misread somethin
Old 12-19-2006, 08:03 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is true.

But it's just absurd. ACDC were a generic rock band that made less than 10 original songs in their entire career, and just duplicated and duplicated them, even though they weren't all that great and innovative in the first place. The vocals are attrocious, and the band is basically a completely overblown cliche. Oooh let's sing about hell, women, and rock and roll!!!!!
Masterplan on the other hand is one hell of a melodic/power metal band that has released 2 BRILLIANT albums, and has what I expect to be their best yet on the way... Out of this world vocals, great songwriting, and killer musicianship... not to mention, they're actually a serious band.

Yea I never saw what the big deal was with ACDC in the first place. I think even Ted Nugent is a better singer than Angus
Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Hearts I Rip?

Exclamation

Quote:
Yea I never saw what the big deal was with ACDC in the first place. I think even Ted Nugent is a better singer than Angus
Uh huh. I think the lack of attention you've been paying to AC/DC is obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is true.

Well, I've got both Masterplan albums and haven't even got all the AC/DC albums. And guess what? AC/DC have released more great albums than Masterplan. Powerage, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds, The Razor's Edge.

Oh, and Back in Black. Only one of the most successful Rock albums ever released.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

There's no way to really prove one band is better than another. I happen to just prefer AC/DC to Masterplan. I like their sound more, and I can identify better with them than some geeky fantasy power metal dudes. Not much else to say.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

lol @ me
Old 12-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
There's no way to really prove one band is better than another. I happen to just prefer AC/DC to Masterplan. I like their sound more, and I can identify better with them than some geeky fantasy power metal dudes. Not much else to say.

...yea.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Blunts.

maiden had better win this
Old 12-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Shredder

Would you rather this idea just stopped? There seems to be so much complaining about it, that maybe that's the best option? Anyone?
28th Eric Clapton
Closed Thread