Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-17-2006, 09:44 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
In Flames -- Columbus OH -- December 16th, 2006

I will write a review for this kickass show (and my first moshing experience) later, but here are the setlists.

Seemless:
Cast No Shadows
Lay My Burdens Down
and a few others, but I only got lyrics so I have to look those up to verify titles

The Sword
They played 5 songs, but I wasnt familar with any of them.

Lacuna Coil

You Create/What I see
Fragments of Faith
Fragile
Swamped
Closer
To the Edge
Enjoy the Silence
Heavens a Lie
Our Truth

In Flames

Pinball Map
Leeches
Cloud Connected
Trigger
Egonomic
Bottled
Vacuum
Only for the Weak
Resin
Dead Alone
Touch of Red
Drifter
Graveland
Come Clarity
Quiet Place
Take this Life
My Sweet Shadow

My review will come later tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2006, 10:47 AM
sneakbobcat's Avatar
sneakbobcat sneakbobcat is offline
Shredder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 726
wow, there are a few good ones there. But you still have the ones you don't want so much. e.g. I'd rather see something else that Leeches, Come Clarity, Trigger etc. It's a shame the guitarists are missing. I'd go see Lacuna Coil on that setlist though.
__________________
13th Exploited
15th tbc
16th You Me At Six
28th Eric Clapton
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat View Post
wow, there are a few good ones there. But you still have the ones you don't want so much. e.g. I'd rather see something else that Leeches, Come Clarity, Trigger etc. It's a shame the guitarists are missing. I'd go see Lacuna Coil on that setlist though.
The replacements (the dude from Evergrey and the studio guitarist) were flawless. I couldnt tell the difference between them and the CD tracks..so....

I'm not going to do a review after all...but just as some tidbits..

-Seemless sounded like Godsmack with screaming.
-The Sword were the most epic band I have heard live. I will definetly buy their CD
-Lacuna Coil was awesome. My uncle, brother, and I met my uncles friend at the venue, and his band's bassist, his brother, and another fat dude were also there. Well, after Lacuna Coil played the first song, the fat guy told our group to clear out and he proceeded to 'stampede' to the front of the crowd, clearing a path for all of us. It was awesome.
-During Lacuna Coil I had my first moshing experience. It was just right, not like the Sepultura show. People were helping each other up, being courteous, shaking hands, overall perfect moshing.
-In Flames fucking slayed, and I moshed through them too. To you non-moshers that say moshing takes away from the music, you are wrong. Moshing intensifies the music. Fucking great stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2006, 05:45 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
oh...and after Lacuna Coil finished, Cristina and Andrea brought out a dude and his girlfriend so he could ask her hand for marriage. it was a very metal moment.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
oh...and after Lacuna Coil finished, Cristina and Andrea brought out a dude and his girlfriend so he could ask her hand for marriage. it was a very metal moment.


??????????????


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
insipidzombie's Avatar
insipidzombie insipidzombie is offline
I am Ahab
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 97
that In Flames setlist really blows. Since when does In Flames play neither Behind Space nor Episode 666? and 5 songs off of Soundtrack? I don't care if they play Graveland, I can't put up with that many Soundtrack songs; they don't even translate that well live. Hell, there are more tracks from Soundtrack than songs from Come Clarity. That is whack.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,523
Those are basically the same songs we got on the 15th. I didn't really care for The Sword though.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by insipidzombie View Post
that In Flames setlist really blows. Since when does In Flames play neither Behind Space nor Episode 666? and 5 songs off of Soundtrack? I don't care if they play Graveland, I can't put up with that many Soundtrack songs; they don't even translate that well live. Hell, there are more tracks from Soundtrack than songs from Come Clarity. That is whack.
who cares? If you dont like new In Flames, dont go to a show expecting an entire pre-STYE set.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-2006, 10:30 AM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Argh. I didn't even realize they were touring again. I would have loved to go see them on the 15th. They were just here in Spring, and I missed them then too -- again, because I saw the notice about the show the day after the show.

Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Argh. I didn't even realize they were touring again. I would have loved to go see them on the 15th. They were just here in Spring, and I missed them then too -- again, because I saw the notice about the show the day after the show.

Oh well.
Dude, you should've went. I was there! What more reason would you have needed!?! It was a great show though.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in flames, lacuna coil, seemless, the sword

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008