Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
CDs are still the best form of media out there, I don't think they'll be replaced by mp3's any time soon.
Shit, I mean unless you've got an mp3 player built into your car, you gotta have some type of music to play while your driving.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:07 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Shit, I mean unless you've got an mp3 player built into your car, you gotta have some type of music to play while your driving.

Well if anything they'll stick around for collector purposes. It's hard to display your mp3 collection on your wall
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Well if anything they'll stick around for collector purposes. It's hard to display your mp3 collection on your wall
Maybe. Someday, when/if I'm super rich, I'll just buy everything I have on vinyl.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:43 PM
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Tape adaptor, multiple devices that allow transmission over radio waves... many items that allow mp3 to be played in the car. Plus VW just came out with a car that has a jack so you can plug your mp3 player straight into the car. CD's are dead. Tower Records is out of business. 3 more years tops.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:39 AM
We're dying on the inside

Don't fucking perpetuate it then! Don't accept defeat and say "CDs are on their way out, better stop buying them!" If the only thing released in the future is entirely digital, I really don't know what I will do.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
CDs are still the best form of media out there, I don't think they'll be replaced by mp3's any time soon.
I agree as well!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
Tape adaptor, multiple devices that allow transmission over radio waves... many items that allow mp3 to be played in the car. Plus VW just came out with a car that has a jack so you can plug your mp3 player straight into the car. CD's are dead. Tower Records is out of business. 3 more years tops.
Tower went out of business because it generally sucked and was way overpriced, at least in my area. Locally, they were competing with an indie literally a block away that undercut them by $3 - $5 an album on regular prices.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

CDs won't last forever or that much longer as they do now.

You guys need to think one more step ahead. Instead of adapter and converters, there's nothing really stopping auto makers or other manufacturers from creating devices that accept memory cards (with your music on it) the same way some accept ipods directly right now. Can you imagine a car stereo that doesn't accept cd but only a memory card?

Look at how much music a ipod shuffle can store. The technology exists. What doesn't exist is sufficient digital rights management... at least in the eyes of the industry I imagine. I imagine they would to program the DRM into the device itself.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Can you imagine a car stereo that doesn't accept cd but only a memory card?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Dharma Wants You

Damn, I love reading interviews like this. Rob's a great guy and it makes you appreciate him even more seeing how nice and down to earth he is. It's great how he actually cares about the interview and makes it interesting rather than....

Q: It'd be great if you came to Greece.

A: Yeah.