Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

TRAIL OF TEARS Drys Up As Band...

Source: Blabbermouth

Here's a statement from the band:

"It is with great regret that we announce that Jonathan [Perez; drums], Kjell [Hagen; bass], Runar [Hansen; guitar] and Kjetil [Nordhus; vocals] yesterday (November 28th, 2006) left TRAIL OF TEARS. The decision was taken with immediate effect, and thus the band does not longer excist. TRAIL OF TEARS will therefore have to cancel all forthcoming shows, including the X-mas [Festivals] tour dates in December, and we sincerely appologize for any inconvenience this might lead to. We would like to thank everybody that has supported the band from the start 10 years ago and of course especially our loyal fans all over the world. There was no longer the neccessary desire and energy left in the band to continue. And everything has an end."

Too bad... I liked Profoundemonium a lot although I've never listened to their last album much... whatever. NEXT!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Blunts.

never heard of them
Old 11-29-2006, 08:10 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Kai Hansen?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:16 PM

Here's an update and official statement from founding vocalist Ronny Thorsen disputing this bands status...

"The following lines are written in the attempt of clarifying the news that have been circulating in the past few days. There is really no easy way of telling this, so I will try to explain to the best of my ability.

"On the 26th of November, TRAIL OF TEARS completed a 10-date tour of Mexico, a tour which was in large part ridden with organisational problems and resulted in a severe financial loss for everyone involved. As a result of this, I was called to the band hotel on the morning of November 28th, asking for a meeting by the remaining members. Arriving to the hotel, I am instead given a message, lasting a mere two minutes, that because of the situation they have decided to end the band effective immediately. The decision has been made entirely without my consultation and approval, and thus TRAIL OF TEARS is NOT dead and will continue in a new shape and formation.

"Needless to say, I am very disappointed by the decision and the way that this has been handled by the leaving members. I have tried my very best best reasoning with them, stressing that the timing could not be worse and that in fact they are violating future obligations with a decision made in a moment of frustration in the aftermath of this tour. I have even offered to cover the several-thousand-euro financial loss out of my own pocket in order for them not to worry about paying their bills and so that we can focus on our already-agreed obligations towards label, tour organisers and the countless people involved. This was not accepted; however, they made sure of giving me all their account numbers before running back to Norway.

"I am truly ashamed by the lack of insight, understanding, and responsability the leaving members have portrayed with this decision, with absolute disregard to the fans who have bought tickets for the upcoming tour, which we now have to cancel, and to all the parties involved who have invested a large amount of work and money in the upcoming release, 'Existentia'. The decision to leave a band is an individual choice and I respect that to the fullest, but it does under no circumstances justify the leaving members violating obligations and making decisions for others, going public with something that has not been approved.

"Despite the situation, I want to thank the leaving members, each and every one of you, for the amazing times we have shared; I will always consider you my brothers, friends and family. Great chapters have been written and more are in the making. This is not the end!"
Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 PM
We're dying on the inside

Did you just post this for the pun in the title?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post

Too bad... I liked Profoundemonium a lot although I've never listened to their last album much... whatever. NEXT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Did you just post this for the pun in the title?

The pun and that fact I have an interest in the story.