28. If I Could Change It All
29. An Intentional Confrontation
30. A Junkie's Blues
31. Fear City Slide
32. All The Promises

Encore
33. Empire
34. Jet City Woman

Last night I went to my second show of the Mindcrime II tour, and my sixth Queensryche concert overall. As to be expected, the band delivered the goods in amazing fashion.

This time I just went with one of my friends who hadn't gone with the group I took to Chicago back in September. Since he wasn't with us with the Rockenfield + Wilton meet and greet then, we went to the one in Cleveland before the show. We were 15 minutes late (damn traffic) but somehow were the first people to talk to the guys. Once we were done, there was quite a line! Even though I've already gotten some stuff signed by them, I was like "Fuck it, I'll get more!" I had Scott sign my Slave to the System CD, and I had both guys sign the Promised Land poster. Scott said he hasn't seen anyone bring that poster in for quite a while, and that's it always been one of his favorites. I like it too... that's why I had to take it off my wall to have them sign it

After the meet and greet we went to the House of Blues, ate a lunch, and got our receipt signed for Pass The Line. We messed around town for a while, and then tried to get in line. The bastardly staff kept shuffling us and a few others all over the place. We were first, but, they let two people in front of us. Fuckers. When they let us into the show they let SIX MORE people cut directly in front of us. How terrible is that? We ate before 3 PM there so we could at least try to be first, and we stood there waiting for hours, and they literally let people cut in front of us while they were letting us in at 7 PM. I'm very unhappy with their service for that. So rude

Fortunately, we were able to still grab a spot in front, just a little left of Stone. It wasn't a bad spot. A little change of scenery since I'm usually dead center for QR.

The show was great. The drum shield seems to really help the mix in the front for HoB. There were a few technical glitches. Stone lost his guitar for "Speak" and wasn't on stage. During "Murderer?" as soon as Wilton starts playing the little chorus riff his guitar went zzztzzzt and then was silent as he was playing the part. He kinda had a "god dammit" look on his face and walked over to the side of his stage. I'd say about 30 seconds later his guitar was back on. Both times the band played through the guitar problems without a hitch.

Geoff sounded great. To me his performance was a little better then his one I saw in Chicago, where he was struggling with a few things.

We got "Empire" and "Jet City Woman" as encores, which is sweet since last time I got "Walk in the Shadows" and "Last Time In Paris." I was glad to get a different bunch.

As always, Queensryche put on a good show. I love the Mindcrime II material live, and that was probably my last chance to catch the show, so I'm glad it was a good one
Old 11-15-2006, 01:36 PM
We're dying on the inside

Great review, glad you had a(nother) good show.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:38 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Great review, glad you had a(nother) good show.
Thank you sir

I need to re-subscribe to the upload service for my phone. I got a lot of good pics and some video too last night.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:15 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

I cant decide whether or not I should go to the show out in Anamheim in December. From the reviews ive read on here, its well worth it. Any suggestions???
Old 11-15-2006, 04:08 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthraxmosher View Post
I cant decide whether or not I should go to the show out in Anamheim in December. From the reviews ive read on here, its well worth it. Any suggestions???
GO. GO. GO.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

I think I am going to go. Im dragging my brother along. hahahaha. Ive never been to a Queensryche show before. What should I expect??? Whats the crowd usually like??
Old 11-15-2006, 05:26 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
I think I am going to go. Im dragging my brother along. hahahaha. Ive never been to a Queensryche show before. What should I expect??? Whats the crowd usually like??
Definitely go.

It's awesome. Whatever time the show is supposed to start is when it will start, they're usually pretty close to being right on time, and there will be no openers. It's a three hour long show, with about a 10-20 intermission between Mindcrime I & II.

The stage production is pretty cool. Are you familiar with either Mindcrime album? If you are you should totally love it, if not it might be a bit much...
Old 11-15-2006, 05:34 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Definitely go.

It's awesome. Whatever time the show is supposed to start is when it will start, they're usually pretty close to being right on time, and there will be no openers. It's a three hour long show, with about a 10-20 intermission between Mindcrime I & II.

The stage production is pretty cool. Are you familiar with either Mindcrime album? If you are you should totally love it, if not it might be a bit much...
Operation Mind Crime is awesome. One of my favortie albums. When I heard they were playing it in its enitrety live, I wanted to go. But when I found out they were playing the 2nd Operation Mindcrime, I had to step back and think about it. Im not a huge fan of it, but from what ive been reading and bootleg videos and recordings ive seen,the songs sound much better live. Is that the case??? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna know what to expect. Right now im about a week away from getting my ticket. Should be fun. Let me know about Mindcrime 2.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:40 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Operation Mind Crime is awesome. One of my favortie albums. When I heard they were playing it in its enitrety live, I wanted to go. But when I found out they were playing the 2nd Operation Mindcrime, I had to step back and think about it. Im not a huge fan of it, but from what ive been reading and bootleg videos and recordings ive seen,the songs sound much better live. Is that the case??? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna know what to expect. Right now im about a week away from getting my ticket. Should be fun. Let me know about Mindcrime 2.
Oh, it's worth it for Mindcrime alone especially if you haven't seen it live before. Well, I do like Operation: Mindcrime II - as an album - but the songs are really cool live, and I would personally be surprised if you ended up not enjoying it. You might not like a few of the songs, but overall, it's pretty cool.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Oh, it's worth it for Mindcrime alone especially if you haven't seen it live before. Well, I do like Operation: Mindcrime II - as an album - but the songs are really cool live, and I would personally be surprised if you ended up not enjoying it. You might not like a few of the songs, but overall, it's pretty cool.
Very cool!!! Looks like December 1 ill be seeing Queensryche for the first time. Im actually really looking forward to it. I was gonna take my brother but he doesnt really like them so I guess im gonna be making the trek alone. Itll be well worth it though. Thanks again!!!!

Tags
queensryche