Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 11-11-2006, 11:27 AM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
Maybe you could try putting all the posts about news into one 'news' thread instead of creating a new thread for every story and clogging the forum. It wouldn't really leave room for comments but if someone really wanted to say something they could start their own thread.
thats more like it. I didnt mean to sound so harsh, i just didnt like the fact that the BM posts were flooding the forum
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
woa easy does it . . . sorry to piss you off so much . . . i bet that is hecho addi or allan made that post you wouldnt have gotten anywhere near as upset. . . i thought i had a position of familiarity on this board where i could speak my mind without worrying about people getting all upset, but i guess i was wrong

btw the tp smilie got updated
Speaking your mind and being a smart ass are two different things. "This isn't working" or "There are too many updates" or "The board's getting flooded" is different than "wow.. this is the worst addition I've seen... I'm getting really annoyed. ", especially in a small thread where I'm already publically acknowledging a work-in-progress and inviting participation. Hecho and Allan wouldn't make your post.... I would have a least gotten a crazy ass Sabbath picture (or che) out of Hecho. ADD? Maybe but I would have replied the same and just as pissed off, as I have done in a thread or two. The fact is you have a position of familiarity, otherwise I would have just deleted the post or dismissed it for n00bom. It takes a lot of time to do ANYTHING new and I'm not going to take unconstructive bullshit from someone in said position.

I'll fix the tp smiley. I hadn't noticed. I've also got to rehack my template to restore the normal bar. Also some minor image work for new buttons that aren't in my custom set..... that should probably be it for the effects of the upgrade.
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
Maybe you could try putting all the posts about news into one 'news' thread instead of creating a new thread for every story and clogging the forum. It wouldn't really leave room for comments but if someone really wanted to say something they could start their own thread.

This is a fucking great idea. vbulletin won't do it but I know how to do it for the most part via custom code/hack.

Thread title would be something like "Blabbermouth Update: TimeDate Stamp"... inside the post would the title / summaries... each of these updates would probably have just a handful of stories... have it update like four or five times a day....

How many of these threads would you all want to see on a given time? How often to update?
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-11-2006, 12:25 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
thats more like it. I didnt mean to sound so harsh, i just didnt like the fact that the BM posts were flooding the forum
Ok...
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-11-2006, 08:58 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
This is a fucking great idea. vbulletin won't do it but I know how to do it for the most part via custom code/hack.

Thread title would be something like "Blabbermouth Update: TimeDate Stamp"... inside the post would the title / summaries... each of these updates would probably have just a handful of stories... have it update like four or five times a day....

How many of these threads would you all want to see on a given time? How often to update?
what about one thread called 'blabbermouth news" or something like that, and the updates would be like replies to that one thread
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
what about one thread called 'blabbermouth news" or something like that, and the updates would be like replies to that one thread
Maybe a weekly thread would be more convenient. I dunno.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008