07.Widowmaker
08.Sleeping In The Fire
09.The Idol
10.I Wanna Be Somebody
--------------------
11.Chainsaw Charlie
--------------------
12.Blind In Texas

I knew of this setlist beforehand and while dissapointed I decided to go along anyway because I do like W.A.S.P and their live antics are legendary. Setting themselves on fire, throwing meat at onstage girls, eating worms, spitting blood and what not. I was expecting something among the lines of "I wanna be somebody" video onstage. After the doors opened 40 mins late I managed to get 2nd from front row.

The support band were some unknown band and "house of cards" didnt appear it seems.

The mike they have was more ridiculous than I anticipated, I had only seen pictures but didnt realise it was like spring loaded and could be climbed on like a pogo stick and swing about all over the place. This was great especially when blackie climbed all the way up it.

Sadly that was it really for onstage antics. There was no fire, beer, girls, crazy dancing, blood or what not. They still played what they did very well and the sound was very good. They wore what I expected with the typical glam style tight leather, big boots and what not. Blackie like rolled his t-shirt up in a knot at the bottom which was weird but meh. The guitars weren't the warlocks I've seen in all the videos and were just plain but ah well. While the new guitarist did try and stuff and was quite good he was spanish looking and just plain didn't suit the band imo, looked out of place. The hairstyles weren't the hair metal style and blackie didnt have those cool grey streaks.

Blackie didn't really speak to the crowd like I thought he would (On live versions I've heard big talks before Mean man, Fuck like a beast and this lol one in the middle of I wanna be somebody) When he did speak was mainly talkin about playin songs they aint played ever or in years which he's done at most gigs on this tour. After less than an hour they went offstage and came back and did chainsaw charlie then went off and when they came back on after about an hour they say "You fuckers just dont wanna leave, you want more", I mean of course you want more than an hour. I was really dissapointed it lasted barely over an hour and while I knew the setlist I didn't think it would be so short, thought maybe more chatting. Sure Blackie is old and stuff but motorhead, rolling stones can do it and their in their 60's....

Overall I'd give it 5.5/10 because while the sound was very good and what they played was nice it just wasn't the ott stage antics id heard so much about (the mike was great though) and lasted barely over an hour.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Dharma Wants You

I can't believe they aren't playing Fuck Like A Beast anymore...
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave

He's probably tired of playing it.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave
I know!! That's like Iron Maiden playing a show without "The Trooper"
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
He's probably tired of playing it.
That's no excuse not to give the fans what they want...And I'm sure he's tired of playing " I Wanna Be Somebody " but he still does that...
Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 PM
In Search of Truth

I'm so glad I saw them when they were still playing Charisma. Damn that is one great and underated song.

Tags
w.a.s.p.