Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Bullet For My Valentine -- Philadelphia,PA -- May 25th, 2006

TOUR: Trustkill Takeover Tour '06
SUPPORT: screamo band named...nvm I forget, and a punk band called Walls of Jethiro (or something, doesn't matter)
VENUE: The Theater of Living Arts
DATE: Thursday, May 25th, 2006
ATTENDED W/: my friend J Kwedlo
GEAR WORN: infamous sunglasses, black wristband with a skull and crossbones on it, infamous black baseball cap, denim vest, jeans, black leather boots (no band merch)
MERCH PURCHASED: none
MOSHING: Heavy

Ok I just got back and I'm dead tired, it's 3:15 in the morning so forgive me if I don't remember every detail, I'll go back and change it later.

Today at around 1 pm my friend J IM's me and it went like this:

J- Wanna go to Philly to see a band?
Me- K

And so we set off to Philly at 2:30 in the afternoon. Note that Philly is a good 3 hour drive from where I live, so this was a bit of a long trip for us. An interesting thing happened on the way down. We were on the highway and we saw an old beat up Buick Reagal driving about 40 mph, we passed it and who was inside? My old highschool psychology teacher Mr. Chorney! Talk about a small world. Needless to say we left him in the dust pretty quickly. So fast forward to when we arrive. We get to the city and find a parking spot, and after a short pit stop at a DQ to use the restroom (which cost us a vanilla shake sense it's for paying customers only) we got to the theater. As I was going in, one of the 4 security guards told me I had to unclip my chain Hanging from my belt, so as I'm walking in I fumble with the chain and stuble a little bit. Unfortunatley this was a NO STUMBLE ZONE, because the security lady then proceeded to throw me out because she thought I was drunk. She told me to go take a walk and come back in 20 minutes. I tried to explain it was just a stupid mistake but she didn't care. Keep in mind none of the other 3 security guys seemed to have a problem. So I got back to the car, J is already inside and can't come back out, and just listened to CDs for the next hour fuming over this bs. I saw people walking down the sidewalk, and a few of them stumbled themselves, I was waiting for cops to jump out of the alley and beat them for stumbling. "YOU"RE NOT ALLOWED TO STUMBLE, THIS IS AMERICA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!" While sitting there I noticed a sign that said "no parking after 9pm", so I moved to car to a parking garage and prevented us being stranded in Philly with an impounded car, sense the show wasn't over until 11. So in a way this worked out good. J called me on my cell and said that main band would be on soon so I went back to the theater and the lady let me in this time.

ON TO THE SHOW DETAILS-

I got there for the last two songs of the band "Walls of Jethrioughshsdfsf" I don't really care what they were called because they sucked. The main band came on and everyone started shouting "Bullet" over and over and as soon as the first chord was struck a huge mosh pit broke out. I happened to be standing right in the middle of all this. Good, it's more fun that way. There seemed to be alot of Slipknot fans there, so I didn't really hold back when it came to them. So you had a huge mosh pit, and alot of people body surfing to get up to the rail. One body surfer kicked my sunglasses off and I was very lucky to pick them up before they were smashed into pieces. The pit was pretty good, the people all seemed to be enjoying it, if someone fell down everyone helped them back up, if someone dropped something they would use their cell phones as lights to look for it, then after you are all squared away they would throw you across the room. I did manage to work my way through the pit and get a good spot of the rail right infront of the Bass player. The band themselves is from Whales, they sounded better live then their recordings in my opinion. I give them props just because they are a Euro metal band touring in the US. Their set went on for about 40 minutes, then they did a two song encoure and threw waterbottles and picks into the crowd. All-in-all they weren't anything amazing, but pretty cool for a band that I didn't know existed before this morning. Another cool thing was my ticket had "666" in the serial number, I can't show you a picture though because that part was torn off.

I'm sorry but I don't know any of their songs so I wasn't able to get a set list.

If you want to check them out then look at their myspace page, trust me these guys are definately metal : http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendID=7066776

Welp, it's 3:30 now and as I'm typing this it feels like the room is upside down and spinning, I'm going to bed.

Last edited by Div; 05-26-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:35 AM
We're dying on the inside

I sincerely apologize that you had to go see Bullet for My Valentine. When you wake up you'll realize what a mistake you made in even attempting to compliment them.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned Asshole

And you give me shit for liking System of a Down?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Well I had a good time, so you guys!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
i'm not a n00b...just dont post

that band sucks me off on a regular basis

but im glad you enjoyed them...someone has to like shitty music, or nothing would be good in comparison
Old 05-26-2006, 08:41 PM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

[quote=Fallen Shadow]that band sucks me off on a regular basis

but im glad you enjoyed them...someone has to like shitty music, or nothing would be good in comparison[/QUOTE

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was a good one.

Tags
bullet for my valentine, walls of jericho